It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Random from YT again

Night Beats

Mystic Braves

Froth

I had to laugh though, I thought I heard riffs from the Animals and one was a direct Rip off from of all the songs in the universe: Mony, Mony from Tommy James and the Shondells. A fun song from mid 60s.

It got so random, I wound up with the queen of early country Kitty Wells...
Go figure...
Tommy James and the Shondells so many good songs. Mony, Mony; Crimson and Clover, and I Think We're Alone Now all got covered with regularity.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

Completely forgot this song existed until a few days ago when happened upon it again.

If anyone wants any Swiss electronic post-punk for their evening haha.

Thank you for this. Currently headed way down the rabbit hole.

Edit: This is why this thread is my favorite on the forum. Love discovering great music I’ve missed out on. Their (small) catalog is well worth diving into.

Last edited:
Reactions: Appleyard

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Maybe the best band on earth over the last seven years put out what - I imagine - will be a track from their third album the other day.

Its okay, though not in my top ~15 songs by them so far. But that just says a lot about their output. It is decent.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Don’t know how to embed from mobile, but I started listening to the Dirty Knobs. Mike Campbell’s band. He was with the Heartbreakers before Tom Petty died. Its is pretty good. Last song I listened to was Irish Girl.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
BTW Billy Joel was the piano player on the demo version. He apparently got the gig because his family was good friends with Carole King's family. She was part of the Brill Building crew in NYC which recorded them. A very weird guy by the name of Shadow Morton wrote the song.

Reactions: Rebels57

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
In light of the punk conversation in the Corona thread. And this is the second best guitarist they had after the best one left ahaha.

THE punk band in my eyes.

First "punk" release.
20 years of original, great music across multiple genres.
Damn good musicians.
Pretty good lyrically.
Awesome live.
Bizarre but very nice people. (at least the two who I have had a drink with.)

Saw them play this live while he did the solos Hendrix style on his knees with the guitar behind his head.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
Found this one recently. I was never a huge Styx fan, but they had some good songs.

Tommy Shaw is 67 years old and hasn't lost a lick of his voice. More amazing is that Daryl Hall (Philly native) is 74.

They both still have it, IMO. Amazed that Shaw can still hit the high notes so well.

Reactions: dragonoffrost

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Found this one recently. I was never a huge Styx fan, but they had some good songs.

Tommy Shaw is 67 years old and hasn't lost a lick of his voice. More amazing is that Daryl Hall (Philly native) is 74.

They both still have it, IMO. Amazed that Shaw can still hit the high notes so well.

I love that show. So many good collaborations and amazing how good Daryl Hall is.

Reactions: Yukon Cornelius

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I know I am obsessed with this album... but the song recently that has really struck a chord personally over the last few years in terms of "adulting".

"Tomorrow night will go on without you, till dawn and no one will care..."

That song must be getting the job done. You're on an adulting bender over the last couple weeks :laugh:.

Reactions: Appleyard

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
That song must be getting the job done. You're on an adulting bender over the last couple weeks :laugh:.
I might have been on a different adulting bender at one time...

beer_460197.jpg

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Haha. Tbf though if I am being really honest with myself it *might* not be the song and instead...

Simply not being able to see my friends due to a pandemic. :laugh:
Clubs being closed for the last 8 months. Bars being closed half the year and now close at 10pm. :laugh:

And in the ~5 months so far this year where fun was possible:

~60 of those days I spent with my girlfriend. :laugh:
~90 of those days I spent in a tiny town with nothing to do. :laugh: It was hard work to be debaucherous there.

Reactions: Young Sandwich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad