OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season Vol. 3: Half-full (6-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The defense and Peterson showed up to play today. Unfortunate that the passing game stinks but oh well

Sep 19, 2008
These games are way closer than they should be. In the 2nd half they were in the red zone twice. They left with field goals. If they score TD's it's a blowout.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Lets not forget that they won without Crowder, thompson and Richardson today and without thompson/crowder last week

This is a good point but that doesn’t excuse Smith for some really poor throws when players did get open and some other baffling decisions.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
This is a good point but that doesn’t excuse Smith for some really poor throws when players did get open and some other baffling decisions.

oh I agree, im just saying that if they werent throwing brian quick and micheal floyd out there maybe it wouldnt have been as close but then again who knows

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Smith will likely improve as he settles in and the WRs stabilize. We can't be sure the zombies we have at WR are all running the routes they should be, which would cause hesitation by the QB.

They are in win-now mode, though. Smith needs to tighten up quickly.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
This game was not by any stretch of the imagination a shining light on Gruden. Not using a time out late in the first half was egregious but his play calling left much to be desired. If you don’t trust your pass protection then there has to be some element of surprise, yet we were extremely predictable. Alex Smith has cemented his reputation as a game manager.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'll take the win. I'm going to give Smith the benefit of the doubt today; no Richardson, CT, or Crowder is always going to hurt the passing game. That being said i found Smith was over throwing receivers more today. I was also hoping Doctson would step up more with the lack of other receivers and he was only okay .

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
4-2. With a 1-5 (6) team coming up. 2 game lead in loss column in division.

Whelp?

The defense is really encouraging. Who would have thought they'd be this strong this quickly?

You get the sense the Redskins could turn into something pretty decent if the cards play out favorably. That DL is young and getting better and better every week. You would hope that the offense starts to figure it out before they run AP into the ground. They're not a very good team on offense right now but they're still 4-2 and they're playing in a terd of a division, so I think the directional arrow is trending up and to the right.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Sanders and Thomas are rumored to be available for trade in Denver. Could use one of them, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad