OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Regular Season - Part 4 - Elimination Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Let's not forget Allen and Murray. Jones is moving up, too.

Plenty of good to great young QBs in the league now. No need to shit on any of them just to praise one or the other.

That said I think Burrow is a straight baller, at least right now. His focus and poise is HOF level. Mahomes had that the year he won but seems to have lost some swagger (ever since getting injured, imo).

Difficult to assess Lamar with injuries and illness. Hope his body holds up.

edit: whoops, should probably be in the other thread

Last edited:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
If Congress tells the NFL it has a choice between releasing the report and firing Snyder or losing their tax exempt status then our nightmare will be over and Snyder can live out the rest of his days as a persona non grata.

Is there precedent for this? A legal agreement is in place but congress says f*** you we want to see the information anyway and if you don’t x will happen? I’m not saying there isn’t but I can’t think of anything but then again I’m 4 bourbons so who knows…?

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
If Congress tells the NFL it has a choice between releasing the report and firing Snyder or losing their tax exempt status then our nightmare will be over and Snyder can live out the rest of his days as a persona non grata.
This isn’t happening, nor should it. I would love to see Snyder gone but seriously let’s not invite the federal government to dictate who owns sports teams.

Reactions: Eirikrautha

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Isn't a legal duty to report any illegal activity and to entertain a contract that would cover up said illegal activity make it null and void? If the NFL knew that there was serious sexual harassment crimes taking place and they don't report it, isn't that the same as aiding and abetting? I think it would be. It's not as if the NFL is some sort of entity that has privilege confidentiality. I think Goodell could be in huge trouble and if the report is made public, I think Goodell steps down and Snyder will be forced to seek the team, similar to Donald Sterling. The next few months could get really interesting in Washington.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Isn't a legal duty to report any illegal activity and to entertain a contract that would cover up said illegal activity make it null and void? If the NFL knew that there was serious sexual harassment crimes taking place and they don't report it, isn't that the same as aiding and abetting? I think it would be. It's not as if the NFL is some sort of entity that has privilege confidentiality. I think Goodell could be in huge trouble and if the report is made public, I think Goodell steps down and Snyder will be forced to seek the team, similar to Donald Sterling. The next few months could get really interesting in Washington.

@troyerlaw ??

Sep 19, 2008
Gonna get this off my chest.

Let me preface by saying that nobody I know, including myself, likes Dan Snyder. Snyder is a POS. Let's get that straight.

That said...the amount of animus, anger, and rage flowing this week from the name change which many found "unfair" to the congressional hearings where people demanded transparency and emails...to the point where fan-run "campaigns" try to boycott sponsors...it all seems a bit cringe to me.

I want to say again I don't like Snyder. I want to make this perfectly clearly. That does not mean I'm going to go all out and dedicate my life or livelihood to try to see him ousted over sexual abuse allegations from many years ago.

The sad reality is that we are stuck with him. People like him are too powerful and have kept their position through power and corruption. I just don't see how he could sell the team now. Personally, I'd like it if he did, but I mean he's getting a free paycheck right now sitting on his yacht watching movies. Why would he give that up willingly?

Sep 19, 2008
I can't wait until we all talk football again and not the politics of Snyder or crap like that. I was hoping all the drama would die off with the new name but people are more emboldened now and all "communist meme" and shit.

Ugh.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/02/04/senior-bowl-quarterbacks-nfl-draft/

Carson Strong, Nevada: Smarts
In February 2021, Strong had surgery on his right knee for the second time in five years. This one was because of a joint condition and required the insertion of eight biodegradable nails. Strong refused to miss the season, though he admitted at times he felt like “a statue” in the pocket.
Now, Strong said, not only is his knee fine — he did not wear a brace during Senior Bowl practices — but he believes how he adapted to the injury sets him up for success in the NFL. He had to beat defenses with his mind, and Nevada gave him full responsibility at the line of scrimmage to make presnap adjustments. Even fully healthy, Strong is more pocket passer than mobile threat, so the 22-year-old’s message probably won’t change throughout the pre-draft process.
“If I got stuck with the ball in my hands this past year, I was kind of [shoot]-out-luck in a way,” he said. “It definitely taught me how to have a good plan.”

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Gonna get this off my chest.

Let me preface by saying that nobody I know, including myself, likes Dan Snyder. Snyder is a POS. Let's get that straight.

That said...the amount of animus, anger, and rage flowing this week from the name change which many found "unfair" to the congressional hearings where people demanded transparency and emails...to the point where fan-run "campaigns" try to boycott sponsors...it all seems a bit cringe to me.

I want to say again I don't like Snyder. I want to make this perfectly clearly. That does not mean I'm going to go all out and dedicate my life or livelihood to try to see him ousted over sexual abuse allegations from many years ago.

The sad reality is that we are stuck with him. People like him are too powerful and have kept their position through power and corruption. I just don't see how he could sell the team now. Personally, I'd like it if he did, but I mean he's getting a free paycheck right now sitting on his yacht watching movies. Why would he give that up willingly?

I didn't click like on this post because I don't like the fact that we;re stuck with Snyder, but anyone who thinks Congress is going to save us from DanBag is thinking wishfully. He will never will voluntarily, he cannot be embarrassed into selling, he has no morals or ethical code, he has no shame at all.

Only the NFL itself can remove him and for whatever reasons, they are choosing to protect him instead. So we cannot count on the NFL to save us either. Jerry Richardson sold the Panthers voluntarily. Donald Sterling was banned by the NBA but his wife agreed to sell the team voluntarily. Marge Schott was also banned but sold voluntarily. Point is I've not seen a league actually force an owner to sell, and I can't see any scenario where Snyder is forced to sell. We also know that if Tanya takes over, nothing will change.

We're stuck with Snyder, and its not clear even his death would rid us of him. When he bought the Redskins in 1999, he told John Kent Cooke that he intended to leave the Redskins to his children when he dies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/02/05/malik-willis-senior-bowl-nfl-draft/

Malik Willis will rise up the charts. But he's the QB I least want to select. Questions about his work ethic, inconsistent mechanics, poor accuracy even when he has a clean pocket, all scream higher bust probability than the other guys. He could have the higher ceiling, but in Commando land, they need the more sure thing, the guy who can come in and grasp the NFL offense from the pocket and throw with accuracy on day one.... they need a guy who's mechanics are already good, because I have little faith in the Commies to actually develop a prospect QB. And Willis is a prospect QB.... highest upside, highest risk. We suck when we take risks.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I watched a large portion of the Senior Bowl. Pickett looked good. Howell as decent. Malik looked like a runner.

Ridder wasn’t bad. Strong didn't look great.

that LT from UNI (can’t remember his name) looked ferocious. Would like him a lot

edit — Trevor Penning. That’s the guy from UNI. Hes a beast w a real mean streak.

Last edited:

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
A lot of them were Mike Shanahan hires. Its crazy that Mike didn't win much with us given the amount of talented coaches he had.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Is anyone actually thinking about switching teams? Serious question. It’s something I never thought I’d actually think about till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad