OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Regular Season - Part 2 - Now Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Well … I’m certainly not gloating.

But at 52, I’ve earned those miles. I’d trade that for being 32 again (or whatever age making people “miss out” on that) in a nano-second. Easily!

Hehe don't we all wish for being 32.

I just meant that it's been a miserable 20 years. All we have is Sean Taylor. Short career and short life and all. I know there are more guys from the earlier eras that should be ahead of him. It's just that a full generation doesn't know anything else.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well … I’m certainly not gloating.

But at 52, I’ve earned those miles. I’d trade them for being 32 again (or whatever age making people “miss out” on that) in a nano-second. Easily!

point being, it makes zero sense to do 21 before most of those other numbers. You start with 33 (obv), then go to 49 (pretty obvious), then skip ALL of the SB winners etc to get to 21?

on top of the outrage you all are feeling (and I get it), it’s also firmly illogical and has pissed off the vet players (or so I’ve read). I couldn’t imagine a worse decision all around.

Well that's kind of part of the outrage, isn't it? The whole thing is messed up. It just feels like exploitation of the only Snyder era "legend" rather than a real, honest team function that got innocently bungled by new employees.

And that's probably the key...WFT have won squat under Snyder and he's not really had any HOF players to latch onto personally. He probably feels like he owns 21 more than any other number and it's his right to retire it, without mucking with any other WFT history before he took over.

Reactions: tenken00

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Well that's kind of part of the outrage, isn't it? The whole thing is messed up. It just feels like exploitation of the only Snyder era "legend" rather than a real, honest team function that got innocently bungled by new employees.

And that's probably the key...WFT have won squat under Snyder and he's not really had any HOF players to latch onto personally. He probably feels like he owns 21 more than any other number and it's his right to retire it, without mucking with any other WFT history before he took over.
He was an “AVID” Redskins fan as a kid. So he — of anyone — must cherish the old Joe Gibbs teams. Hell, we know he does, he’s said it directly.

so that’s all of this even more confusing and upsetting.

meh — I am letting it go. I cannot control it, so I can’t get that bent about it.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
He was an “AVID” Redskins fan as a kid. So he — of anyone — must cherish the old Joe Gibbs teams. Hell, we know he does, he’s said it directly.

so that’s all of this even more confusing and upsetting.

meh — I am letting it go. I cannot control it, so I can’t get that bent about it.

I understand. I'm saying he reveres those players whereas he feels he OWNS those who came later. Not just their contracts but their legacies, images....numbers...

IOW the first thing he goes to is something that's part of his own ego trip, rather than something from before he bought the team. That's my take.

Plus it's possible they're just trying to mine younger market demographics so ST was determined to generate more interest than, say, Riggins.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
MIA coach is in over his head. Bad calls every week, team looks like crap. Should be fired before they get on the bus.

WFT pregame show...caught a few seconds and they were interviewing ST's father on the sidelines. Classy answers to cringeworthy questions. Reporters who don't have the balls to look someone in the eye shouldn't ask those "how does it feel....such an emotional moment....what does this mean to your family" questions they use to bait people into breaking down on camera.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Darnold turning back into a pumpkin before our very eyes...

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Collins is the worst safety I’ve ever seen, I’ve already said that but it’s worth saying twice

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Yeah Ron, we’re so close defensively.

Interesting on that TD run, was either a Washington linebacker or d-back who clearly saw the ball carrier and waited for him to come to him rather than step up to tackle. There is something fundamentally wrong with this defense not only schematically but at the position level. They need to clean house with the defensive position coaches at the very least.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Brown is nothing more than a fast guy. Shows me pretty much nothing else as a receiver. Ball hit him right in the hands. Outside of McLaurin we can’t draft WRs for $&@“ …kind of like LBs.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Every single positions coach should be gone after this game. Every one. That is disgusting.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Sheehan and Galdi were talking this week that there is something deeper going on with the defense. Internal strife or some kind of deeper issue keeping this defense back.

glad Collins is honoring ST with his play today

Sep 19, 2008
You can also add Marty Hurney and Martin Mayhew to the list as well. Complete garbage in terms of talent evaluation and management. Nothing more than yes men for ripoff Ron.
Easy there. Some of those guys scouted and drafted Stafford

One claims to have a good eye for qb talent. They may be finding our future qb

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Easy there. Some of those guys scouted and drafted Stafford

One claims to have a good eye for qb talent. They may be finding our future qb
Pretty certain Stafford was a no brainer his draft year. But that's neither here nor there. These two jokes were brought in to 'help' Ron with acquiring talent and all the talent they've acquired has either been hurt or have been busts.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Pretty certain Stafford was a no brainer his draft year. But that's neither here nor there. These two jokes were brought in to 'help' Ron with acquiring talent and all the talent they've acquired has either been hurt or have been busts.

Yeah Stafford was considered pretty much unanimous #1 his draft year.

And that's a fumble! WFT get it back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad