NFL: Washington fires Ron Rivera

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Has Bieniamy been mentioned as his replacement? kind of why he went to Washington in the first place.

I don't know that he really helped his case with how things went this year, I could see the Steelers bring him in for the OC job if Tomlin sticks around and try to "Rehab" him like he did with Brian Flores

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't know that he really helped his case with how things went this year, I could see the Steelers bring him in for the OC job if Tomlin sticks around and try to "Rehab" him like he did with Brian Flores
Wash didn't run the ball. Let Howell throw it so much.
But, KC's O fell off this season as well.

But, you don't see Coordinators get a job when their side does not come off a good season.

Reactions: Voight

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I'll keep him right here. He unintentionally embarassed Rivera with a tougher approach on the offensive players that resulted in some benefits, including reported by endurance during games.

Also, the team literally carved up the Eagles twice with a medicore to bad Howell.

The offense also lit up with Brissett but then he got "injured", so the worse Howell had to finished out the season.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'll keep him right here. He unintentionally embarassed Rivera with a tougher approach on the offensive players that resulted in some benefits, including reported by endurance during games.

Also, the team literally carved up the Eagles twice with a medicore to bad Howell.

The offense also lit up with Brissett but then he got "injured", so the worse Howell had to finished out the season.
Up to the new HC to decide on the OC. I mean, when Daboll got the Giants job he asked Dorsey who was the QB coach at Buffalo to join him as the OC. Dorsey opted to remain and take the OC opening with Buffalo.

So, see who Washington hires as HC. I mean, that's why so many of the assistants for the teams that have a HC opening have been given permission to find another job as the team can't assure them that they will return. Reality of the business.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

As others have said he did a decent job, but his star may not be shining as bright and it was a year ago.

He might need an OC job with a better offence to get his rep back. Cause thus far, I haven't heard his name mentioned much if at all for any of the openings. This. a guy who as mentioned almost every year the last 4 years for a potential HC job.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Up to the new HC to decide on the OC. I mean, when Daboll got the Giants job he asked Dorsey who was the QB coach at Buffalo to join him as the OC. Dorsey opted to remain and take the OC opening with Buffalo.

So, see who Washington hires as HC. I mean, that's why so many of the assistants for the teams that have a HC opening have been given permission to find another job as the team can't assure them that they will return. Reality of the business.
Or they promote him. If he was a true drill sergeant that's what the whole team needs.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Riverboat is like one of those coaches who does a lot of things decent, doesn't have a lot of weaknesses but has absolutely zero anything approaching elite skills. He's like a quad A coach in baseball terms. He's a bowl of warm oatmeal and a glass of water in the morning next to your bed after you went out on a bender to the bars last night and only have a $1.27 in your bank account and you don't get paid for another few days. That's the Ron Rivera experience.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Riverboat is like one of those coaches who does a lot of things decent..He's a bowl of warm oatmeal and a glass of water in the morning next to your bed after you went out on a bender.. That's the Ron Rivera experience.
Good take..
I'd been saying this thru the entire 'Rivera experience'. Riverjoke is not a uniquely bad coach or leader.. but he has seemed checked out/bored on the sidelines. It's not that he's stoic (which can be a good thing). He looked bored, and was boring..

And I admit, I'm enjoying some schadenfreude.. because it seemed obvious that Bieniemy was brought in as the hot heir apparent.. but his offense in Washington has been pedestrian and predictable (basically boring also). So he no longer seems like Washington's savior(?)

They were two glasses of room temperature (tap) water..

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Good take..
I'd been saying this thru the entire 'Rivera experience'. Riverjoke is not a uniquely bad coach or leader.. but he has seemed checked out/bored on the sidelines. It's not that he's stoic (which can be a good thing). He looked bored, and was boring..

And I admit, I'm enjoying some schadenfreude.. because it seemed obvious that Bieniemy was brought in as the hot heir apparent.. but his offense in Washington has been pedestrian and predictable (basically boring also). So he no longer seems like Washington's savior(?)

They were two glasses of room temperature (tap) water..
If you want bored on the sidelines, Saleh is your man. If the Jets are losing he is a f***ing corpse.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad