Nashville
ace.mu.nu
20231216_213224.jpg

• Love
Reactions: bdub24

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
So what exactly is this team? I can’t be the only one totally shocked by what’s been going on over the last month. I wouldn’t even take a do over of the first month at this point as lessons learned during that period had to be part of what led to the current success.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
So what exactly is this team? I can’t be the only one totally shocked by what’s been going on over the last month. I wouldn’t even take a do over of the first month at this point as lessons learned during that period had to be part of what led to the current success.
I think it's a young team that has started to put things together around some Vet players who have found a reason to try again.

Now in some cases we've probably hit some luck, Carolina having goalie problems as an example, but if this team doesn't turn the puck over and gets the puck out of the zone efficiently they can win more than they lose.

Reactions: bdub24

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Also helps that Saros has found his groove again
During that first win streak he was better but the team was winning in spite of his struggles. Then he had that real stinker against Chicago that the team won and that seems to have been "rock bottom" for him, hopefully.
If the top line can continue to do their thing, the kids keep developing, and the goal tending can get in the .920+ save percentage range this team will be pretty good.

The abomination that was the 5-10-0 start should wind up being an anomaly not the norm.

Reactions: PredsV82

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Also helps that Saros has found his groove again
It's helped in a game or two but certainly not against Carolina, and I'd argue that the more or less start of this run we were winning despite Saros rather than because of him. I mean there was a stretch where Lankinen was out playing Saros and I actually looked forward to the night he played over Saros because I thought we were going to get better goaltending.

I think the 5-10-0 start more or less comes down to a young team and Vets still trying to figure the system and one another out. There were lots of games with a serious mass of turnovers, and while they can still fall back into that, its more like a single period rather than a whole game. Goaltending was meh to go along with it.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
It's helped in a game or two but certainly not against Carolina, and I'd argue that the more or less start of this run we were winning despite Saros rather than because of him. I mean there was a stretch where Lankinen was out playing Saros and I actually looked forward to the night he played over Saros because I thought we were going to get better goaltending.

I think the 5-10-0 start more or less comes down to a young team and Vets still trying to figure the system and one another out. There were lots of games with a serious mass of turnovers, and while they can still fall back into that, its more like a single period rather than a whole game. Goaltending was meh to go along with it.
Yep. New GM, new coach, new systems, new players. It was almost like nothing was going on early in the season. :sarcasm: It's exciting that things seem to already be starting to click. It's not perfect, but the improvement is obvious.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

I mean, I guess your point still stands but Lankinen was in net vs Carolina

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
We  should all be able to agree that the team has won many games in spite of the goaltending (Chicago and Carolina being two of them just in the last 5ish games) and lost several because of it this season. Sure there were other issues and goaltending wasn't THEE problem but it was one of them. Hopefully, as far as Saros is concerned we've seen the end of his early season struggles and he'll be a positive on ice influence.

People have to learn to see through the TV commentary bullshit that constantly protects the goalies, then, 15-20 games later they start commenting on how the goalies are "playing better now" even though you'd have thought the goalies were perfect all season listening to those same people. It's disgracfully disingenuous to be honest. As bad as listening to politicians.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Hockey Guy said that the Preds went 13-3 in recent games. I will take that the rest of the season and in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad