GDT: Washington Capitals Vs Toronto SNET Sunday 3PM (Converted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 14m
Phaneuf has the flu. He's probable for tomorrow though not definite by any means.

Hmmmm, hope he's in tomorrow.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The flu sure is kicking around the room. Probably not good news with a big week coming up.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Not as nice as Daisy's. But I Just had to get this in.

Ovie -29 this year. Best player in the game?

Man Ovie is 29 already! Where has the time gone? wow

oops nvm. hahahaaa didn't see the -....although he will be 29 in September lol

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Leafs need to put these guys away. Every win disheartens the teams below us.

These guys should've got their flu shots done.

OT
It sounds gastro intestinal or gastroenteritis. Flu shots don't protect you from those.

The Sydney strain is running rampage through North America.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Need to keep finding ways to get points as we still have a game and two games respectively on Montreal and Tampa. The LA game was an amazing performance and we need to continue to have strong goaltending.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
A flu shot doesn't make you immune to the flu.

Leafs need to put these guys away. Every win disheartens the teams below us.

OT
It sounds gastro intestinal or gastroenteritis. Flu shots don't protect you from those.

The Sydney strain is running rampage through North America.
Lol, it was a joke. I don't even know what kind of flu they have (didn't know it was gastrointestinal/gasteroenteritis). There's different viral/bacterial strains that can cause the flu. So even if they had the flu shot, it doesn't mean they won't still get the flu.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It's really strange that these guys had two bouts with the flu - there was that wicked one right after the Winter Classic (all that sweating in the cold blech). and now this stomach virus. well better now, than later.

So I'm wondering if Bernier was really hurt - i know we were all thinking he had some runny tummy action going on. Let's goo Drew! and James I have 100 percent faith in you :thumbu:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It's really strange that these guys had two bouts with the flu - there was that wicked one right after the Winter Classic (all that sweating in the cold blech). and now this stomach virus. well better now, than later.

So I'm wondering if Bernier was really hurt - i know we were all thinking he had some runny tummy action going on. Let's goo Drew! and James I have 100 percent faith in you :thumbu:

I doubt Drew sees a minute of action. Faith in what? Warming the bench? Opening the bench door? Yes, I have faith in him doing those things :p:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The caps are a pretty good team we're a little better than them from top to bottom, but halak has been a good add for them and kuznetsov could be a difference majer too.

Leafs can't take them lightly.

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
I think Grabovski is still out too. Too bad, always nice to see former Leafs on the opposing teams play.

If he is still out then I'm kinda glad because he would likely play his ass off and be a force out there against us.

I wonder if Carlyle will have the PK do the same thing as last time where we just man-to-man cover the living hell out of Ovie and force shots from the point. That seemed to work well last time we played the Caps.

I have full confidence in Reimer that he will deliver another brilliant performance especially because he hasn't got much chances to prove himself in the 2nd half of the season and he's got the confidence from the LA game going in.

Phaneuf's little flu bout is a bit of a concern but I doubt it will keep him out tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad