Post-Game Talk: Washington Capitals vs. Kansas City. 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Is it me or Isabelle's knowledge on hockey has gotten 1000 times better in just a year? Not referring to the twister pass comment in particular, but she has a good perception of the game. Her articles are well written and most importantly, they make sense.

She is excellent imo

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
so beagle winnik and thomas line to start year?

has two goals on their own and the line was out there (except thomas) when beagle did the spin move

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Thomas is the average fringe NHL player, but I saw him a lot in Montreal and he has a beastly slap shot.

Checked and Thomas was quite a prolific scorer in Junior Hockey.

I know it sometimes does not translate in the NHL but it does tell me that he knows what it feels like to score more than the average guy. He may be a dark horse waiting for the right opportunity.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Obviously didn't see the game, but a lot of the AHL tweeners like Thomas and Carey are certainly making it hard to cut them. I don't think I'd mind one of them as the final forward over Sanford or possibly even Galiev.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Obviously didn't see the game, but a lot of the AHL tweeners like Thomas and Carey are certainly making it hard to cut them. I don't think I'd mind one of them as the final forward over Sanford or possibly even Galiev.

I agree. Love what I see from Sanford as a center but down the middle we can all see see Backstrom/Kuz/Eller/Beags so let him percolate down in Hershey as a Center.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Glad to see Oshie playing well. I'm really hoping for a big year from him along with more steps forward for both Kuzy and Bura. Take some of that load off Ovie and balance the scoring a bit.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I agree. Love what I see from Sanford as a center but down the middle we can all see see Backstrom/Kuz/Eller/Beags so let him percolate down in Hershey as a Center.

Sanford is making the team, I would bet money on it.
Trotz said Sanford's move to the wing has been positive and he provides another center if needed as well.

The lineup (not the actual lines) is mostly set.

Ovie - Backs - Oshie
Williams - Kuz - Bura
Sanford - Eller - Marge
Wilson - Beagle - Winnick/Connelly

If Wilson isn't ready to go then I suppose one of either Thomas or Carey could make the team but I think it will again be Galiev (although I have no idea why, he has never done anything to earn a spot).

The only thing that remotely interests me will be who will be the first D call-up if there is an injury.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Is it me or Isabelle's knowledge on hockey has gotten 1000 times better in just a year? Not referring to the twister pass comment in particular, but she has a good perception of the game. Her articles are well written and most importantly, they make sense.

She was fine from the start, just needed to get familiar with the job/team/etc. Internet sniping and expectations of immediate perfection were the only real problem....people whining about practice lines not appearing immediately and so forth. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad