News Article: Washington Capitals Top Ten Prospects: Pre 2014 Draft + Free NHL Draft Guide

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Washington Capitals Top Ten Prospects: Pre 2014 Draft by Matt Speck

Excerpt:

"The offseason is in full gear for the Washington Capitals, with the search for their next GM and head coach ongoing. The draft is nearing as well, with Washington holding a lottery pick for the first time in years. The Hockey Writers breaks down Washington’s top ten prospects with an analysis for each player. These rankings will be released a few teams each season.

1. Andre Burakovsky, Forward

Height/Weight: 6’2â€, 187
Handiness: Left
Acquired: 2013 23rd overall (1st round)
2013-14 Stats: 57 GP, 41 G, 87 P (Erie/OHL)

Burakovsky was one of the best bargains of the 2013 draft, amazingly dropping to the Capitals at the 23rd pick. He has good size, great skating ability and was one of the most creative players in the Ontario Hockey League during the 2013-14 regular season. Burakovsky needs to work on his defensive game to mature into a well-rounded player and not be a liability outside of the offensive zone without the puck. He won’t need much time till he reaches the NHL, but could start the season with a short stint in the AHL.

Upside: First line winger, could make impact with Capitals this upcoming season

2. Madison Bowey, Defenseman..."

Link to the complete Top 10

The official THW draft HQ page is live as well:

2014 NHL Draft Guide: The Next Ones

Much to be added (we constantly updated as new material published), but a great starting point for your draft needs.

- featuring profiles (>100 thus far), rankings, mocks, unique perspectives & much more

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Schmidt, Brown, Latta, and maybe Wey should be higher. Galiev has kinda shown he'll never make the NHL game in my opinion, which kinda sucks as I liked him. He just hasn't been able to transition into the North American game.

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
Every year I have hopes of Galiev making big improvements and every year i get let down, I really thought he would be a good 3rd line player

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I can see an argument for "graduating" Wilson from a top prospect list, but Carrick? Kuznetsov? Those two barely have any NHL games played. Their omissions and Galiev's inclusion are both laughable. This list is HF levels of bad.

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
I can see an argument for "graduating" Wilson from a top prospect list, but Carrick? Kuznetsov? Those two barely have any NHL games played. Their omissions and Galiev's inclusion are both laughable. This list is HF levels of bad.

Might just be Speck's inclusion criteria? Not sure - u could drop him a comment...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad