Washington Capitals requiring Lethbridge Hurricanes to change their jerseys

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
maybe they should change their name back to the Wranglers or something more appropriate to the area.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I thought this was old news. I heard this months and months ago.

Thedub

Mar 22, 2013
I don't know why so many teams use the capital ripoffs, I find them disgusting.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
maybe they should change their name back to the Wranglers or something more appropriate to the area.

If you've been to Lethbridge, you know why they are called the Hurricanes.

Back to the jerseys. They were a complete rip off, just surprised it took them so long to do this. They have had trouble in the past with Warner Bros and twister (Tasmanian devil). It will be interesting to see what they do next and if they can finally do something right.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
If you've been to Lethbridge, you know why they are called the Hurricanes.

Back to the jerseys. They were a complete rip off, just surprised it took them so long to do this. They have had trouble in the past with Warner Bros and twister (Tasmanian devil). It will be interesting to see what they do next and if they can finally do something right.

I've been there a good number of times, seems like they haven't seen a hurricane for light years. Please let me know what I'm missing.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
I've been there a good number of times, seems like they haven't seen a hurricane for light years. Please let me know what I'm missing.

One of, if not the windiest cities in Canada. It gets 100+ km/h winds (Hurricane force) winds several times a year.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
One of, if not the windiest cities in Canada. It gets 100+ km/h winds (Hurricane force) winds several times a year.

Was Tornadoes used then? I realize it is windy there, lots of windmills in the area.

Hopefully things change there for the team, it looked like it was going to this season but then they crashed in the last half of the year. Heard they fired the coach. From an outsider's view it looks like a management/ownership problem. Similar to the Oilers.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Was Tornadoes used then? I realize it is windy there, lots of windmills in the area.

Hopefully things change there for the team, it looked like it was going to this season but then they crashed in the last half of the year. Heard they fired the coach. From an outsider's view it looks like a management/ownership problem. Similar to the Oilers.

Ya. And I'm a fan of both. Haha. Lucky me.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
They don't have to change their name, just the jersey. The Hurricanes are a good name.

Hipster.

never said they have to, they are having problems from the Capitals for Jersey and/or logo coping and have problems from Disney because of Taz. Looks like they need to change a lot of things. Might as well go to the Wranglers again.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
never said they have to, they are having problems from the Capitals for Jersey and/or logo coping and have problems from Disney because of Taz. Looks like they need to change a lot of things. Might as well go to the Wranglers again.

images

Use that as the new Lethbridge Hurricanes logo.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Darrel Romuld

Potential new ownership group hopes to have local people with years of hockey experience. They're hoping to make the bid in the coming weeks

Hmmm... Some names being thrown around town are former Hurricanes Versteeg and Seabrook and also Setoguchi. Could get interesting.

Rysac

Mar 1, 2012
Vancouver island
i believe that lethbridge was called the hurricanes not because of the winds there but of the hawker hurricane. a ww2 fighter plane. there was a fighter squadron that used these planes stationed in lethbridge

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
i believe that lethbridge was called the hurricanes not because of the winds there but of the hawker hurricane. a ww2 fighter plane. there was a fighter squadron that used these planes stationed in lethbridge

Their new third jersey commemorates this as well.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010

Their new third jersey commemorates this as well.

Thanks for clearing that up, makes sense then. Those jerseys are beauts, they should change to them if they are getting heat from the Capitals.

Canes+3rd+jersey.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad