GDT: Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers | 12/27/22 | 7:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Great PK. Going to you out on a limb and say that Laviolette has not lost the locker room, lol. Strong argument for Jack Adams if this continues.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but it feels like sending McMichael down was kind of a watershed moment for the team and CM
It was good for everyone! I think it would have happened sooner if not for injuries. But he is playing well. Caps are playing well. Don’t want to see him again this year In WSH. Want To see lots of him (because he is improved) next year.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Good game all around the board. Depth showing up strong, AA looking more and more like an option long-term at LD, i hope he is given and takes full opportunity of the current defensive injuries

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
It was good for everyone! I think it would have happened sooner if not for injuries. But he is playing well. Caps are playing well. Don’t want to see him again this year In WSH. Want To see lots of him (because he is improved) next year.
let him play a full season in hershey, work on his defense, get used to power play scenarios, etc.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Going to be interesting with dee come the offseason. Many were ready to run Gus off in middle of season. Now I think he is highly likely to get an extension. This system is really playing to his strengths and he seems to be a great JC74 partner. I don’t see any way we let Orlov go. Fever will be re-signed. Then Alexyev and Johansen. That is just the left side.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Going to be interesting with dee come the offseason. Many were ready to run Gus off in middle of season. Now I think he is highly likely to get an extension. This system is really playing to his strengths and he seems to be a great JC74 partner. I don’t see any way we let Orlov go. Fever will be re-signed. Then Alexyev and Johansen. That is just the left side.
depends on how much Gus wants. Could be an expensive d-core if he wants 3-3.5M and if we bring jensen back… some tough choices will have to be made tor sure

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Give lavi another year?
I have been saying all season to extend Lavi. Of course it looked grim. My rationale was not to trade out the coach for OV’s last few years unless we had to. Hopefully he is over the hump, but i still don’t think they extend him until after the year. he does have some proving to do in the playoffs.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Give lavi another year?
Lavi won't sign a 1-year extension. Do they want to give him 2+?

I'm torn, and I wouldn't do anything for another couple of months to see where this team lands. They could fall back to lotto land, or they could win the Metro.

Lavi's not the guy I want to develop young players, but if they're not going to play younger guys anyway, maybe keep taking shots with him until the Ovie era is over?

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Glad to see Darcy get the shutout. Gus remains hot, and I was very critical of him earlier. It’s always good when the middle guys are chipping in goals, hope that keeps up.

And anyone who wants Carlson to stay out for Irwin…… I can’t help you.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Won the 5v5 xG battle again tonight. The past month of performances are Cup caliber. Nothing fluky about the wins they’re accumulating.

Also:

1672207632178.png

Gus has earned a top 4 spot when Fehervary and Carlson return. Nothing wrong with a Fehervary-TVR third pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad