Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Karma for the officials jobbing the Commanders on Sunday night :sarcasm:

The Rangers went 0-for-5 while Washington had three power plays. I missed a bit of the game so maybe I missed some egregious non-calls but I didn’t think the officiating had anything to do with the game. The call to give the Caps a 5-on-3 was a bit soft but that happens. The Rangers had one high danger chance at even strength in the third. Kuemper outplayed Shesterkin. That to me was the story of the game.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
I have been very critical of Carlson but no way in hell is he worse than Irwin

Irwin served up several pizzas last night, and Carlson is obviously better than Carlson. The Irwin/Alexeyev pair was putrid. For your viewing pleasure, expected goals 5v5 'The Woof Edition'

1672234772187.png

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Won the 5v5 xG battle again tonight. The past month of performances are Cup caliber. Nothing fluky about the wins they’re accumulating.

Also:

View attachment 627328

Gus has earned a top 4 spot when Fehervary and Carlson return. Nothing wrong with a Fehervary-TVR third pairing.
I agree with all of that. When healthy:

Gus-JC74
Orlov-Jensen
Fever-TVR

I think Alexyev played really well last night. I’d like to see him moved to the right next game. Last night was his first game back so understandable why they put him on left and played the veteran Irwin on the right side. But Alexyev has logged as much or more time on the right side and he could be the answer when Fever is back and JC74 is out. Irwin back to 7th dee (which he has done VERY well at this year).

While JC74 is out:

Gus-TVR
Orlov-Jensen
Fever-Alexyev

Reactions: twabby

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Great win.

It was hilarious when the ref announced the goal after the GI challenge. "There were no contact".

Wish they could call the penalty a double-minor instead of just minor when it's that blatant just to get a time-out.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Great win.

It was hilarious when the ref announced the goal after the GI challenge. "There were no contact".

Wish they could call the penalty a double-minor instead of just minor when it's that blatant just to get a time-out.
You’re suggesting they ate a minor penalty on purpose for a timeout? I’d be surprised….

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

Karma for the officials jobbing the Commanders on Sunday night :sarcasm:

Gallant just whining that his team got embarrassed in their own building! They had 5 PP's and didn't score. You can't rely on the PP to score goals all the time. Gallant should be pointing the finger at himself, the rest of his coaching staff and all the players for being beat handily and not being able to score goals even strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad