Proposal: Washington-Anaheim

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
It's all a chance game. If we can acquire Ekblad and Demko how can we say no? Let's go forward with what we have to the playoffs. Trade Fasth for a 2nd give up 2 firsts 2 2nds for 2nd over all. Use our last second for Demko. We gain a goalie prospect while Gibson is making his transition to full time pro
I'm curious. Answer 2 questions for me.

1) Which do you value more, Etem or Gibson?
2) Would you trade the higher-rated one for Ekblad and the lower rated one for Demko?

edit: #2: actually make that simpler. Pretend that a team has drafted both Ekblad and Demko, and it is the day after the draft. Would you trade both Etem + Gibson for Demko + Ekblad?

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
I'm going all in for Ekblad. Guy is amazing and has huge hands. Eddie Shack, Damn Skippy, Joe, ducks nation, duckaroosky, DVM, my trade makes sense. Make it
Happen BM logical people understand you!! Two more days two more. Let's go BM

Not only will Murray not do this none of the bottom three teams will either. If by some miracle Ottawa wins the draft lottery than that's one thing. But we are not about to move all of those picks for one kid we don't need. You're out of your mind. If these assets are going to be traded it will be for this team, right now. But who cares about that right? The Stanley Cup doesn't mean anything. It's all about drafting teenagers that may or may not become NHL players.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

2) Would you trade the higher-rated one for Ekblad and the lower rated one for Demko?

edit: #2: actually make that simpler. Pretend that a team has drafted both Ekblad and Demko, and it is the day after the draft. Would you trade both Etem + Gibson for Demko + Ekblad?

I would. Call me crazy, but Ekblad is going to be much more valuable than Etem. Gibson>>Demko....by how much is unkown.

Fowler-Ekblad
Lindholm-Beauch
Allen-Vatanen

that is too good to pass up

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I would. Call me crazy, but Ekblad is going to be much more valuable than Etem. Gibson>>Demko....by how much is unkown.

Fowler-Ekblad
Lindholm-Beauch
Allen-Vatanen

that is too good to pass up
That question is tailored specifically to ducksgo. I don't think many value Etem enough where that would be much of a question.

The analogous question for other posters is more like "would you trade Lindholm + Gibson."

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I don't think that value is what Snark was getting at.

That question is tailored specifically to ducksgo. I don't think many value Etem enough where that would be much of a question.

The analogous question for other posters is more like "would you trade Lindholm + Gibson."

OK. I understand your point now...skimmed right over it the first time I read it :laugh:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Only to you because you disagree. California is producing hockey players at a fine rate. And I love my state for it. Eventually you all will understand Cali hockey.

Many of us live in California, and are involved in hockey. You don't know anything that most of them don't, on this matter. The difference is that your enthusiasm seems to be overshadowing the reality of building a competitive team.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Only to you because you disagree. California is producing hockey players at a fine rate. And I love my state for it. Eventually you all will understand Cali hockey.

I live in California. I know how far hockey has come here. I happen to be very proud of what California has done for USA Hockey and the sport in general. That being said, I'm not open and in favor of sacrificing vital pieces of the Ducks to fill the roster with California born players. I don't see anything there is that Demko has done to get rid of Gibson and draft him. If things go according to plan, and they have thus far, Gibson will be a franchise goaltender for the Ducks. If they want to draft Demko, so be it but let it be for organizational depth which might not be as deep as it is now as compared to when Gibson arrives.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Meh, don`t want Green. He`s great offensively, but i rather go for two way`ish defenseman.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Would Green really cost any more than say Byfuglien? Generally I would probably prefer a 2 way player, but if we are giving up Vats in any deal for a D which has been rumored, I kind of want that D-man to do the things Vats does and more. Green can reasonably satisfy that. Still it is likely more of an offseason deal than someone done at the DL as most deals I would imagine that interest the Ducks.

AmericanRocket91

Jan 2, 2012
Anaheim
Would Green really cost any more than say Byfuglien? Generally I would probably prefer a 2 way player, but if we are giving up Vats in any deal for a D which has been rumored, I kind of want that D-man to do the things Vats does and more. Green can reasonably satisfy that. Still it is likely more of an offseason deal than someone done at the DL as most deals I would imagine that interest the Ducks.

I think Green's a better pick than Byfuglien because he's more mobile, performed the best under BB and is the RHD we've been looking for. Ultimately, if we can't get someone like him, I think we should trade away Sbisa/Allen and give Sami the spot.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I think Green's a better pick than Byfuglien because he's more mobile, performed the best under BB and is the RHD we've been looking for. Ultimately, if we can't get someone like him, I think we should trade away Sbisa/Allen and give Sami the spot.

That would be ideal in my mind, the problem I see in adding Green is it doesn't really help our PK which has been middle of the pack so far this year. Green would help the PP which is nice, but at the same time, there is so much talent there it really should be better than it is.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Sbisa is further off from getting you Green than Winnik was. Reverse things. Would you give up Cam Fowler or Hampus Lindholm for a player like Luca Sbisa and spare change.

You do realize that Green currently makes 6M to be the T-18th best D scorer and a liability on D? He has regressed since his two big years...another name along the same lines is Myers who also makes big money (which should mean small acquisition cost).

Ducksgo*

To be honest? I think I would trade Etem for Ekblad. I know shocking..... But he's worth it IMO. Gibson I'm not so sure about.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
That would be ideal in my mind, the problem I see in adding Green is it doesn't really help our PK which has been middle of the pack so far this year. Green would help the PP which is nice, but at the same time, there is so much talent there it really should be better than it is.

The PK is currently 12th at 82.9%. To put that in perspective, 85% gets you to 4th. Take out the disastrous first 2-3 weeks of the season and it's right there.

Suddenly7

Jun 15, 2012
Anaheim
I dislike this trade. Base of the fact that it will never happen and really isn't going to get us far.

Why don't we just get on the phone with Dallas and see if they will give us Daley or Robidas for a second?

Duck Fan

Jul 28, 2002
Laguna Hills, CA
Visit site
I dislike this trade. Base of the fact that it will never happen and really isn't going to get us far.

Why don't we just get on the phone with Dallas and see if they will give us Daley or Robidas for a second?

You nailed but we only had to give up a fourth rounder.

All the talk about Green is nonsense. We are now appear to be set on defense. I can't imagine trading any other defenseman as we have added Robidas and also have Vatanen, Sbisa and Fistrik. We have a total of nine D-men available for the playoffs. I hope they don't move Vatanen. If someone has to move I would guess its Sbisa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad