Proposal: Washington-Anaheim

AmericanRocket91

Jan 2, 2012
Anaheim
To Washington: Our 1st, Sbisa, mid-level prospect and/or WINNIK (if he chooses not to resign by Wednesday)

To Anaheim: Mike Green

During last nights broadcast Hayward & Ahlers said BM expects to deal the vast majority of our upcoming UFAs. With that said, I'm assuming if Winnik doesn't agree to a deal before the TD he'll be dealt.

Mike Green is signed to the 2015-2016 season and would definitely improve our PP.

getzforfighting*

get an avatar before you make these crazy proposals, mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
If George McPhee were to entertain sending Green our way the discussion starts with Vatanen and Ottawa's first not to mention at LEAST one or two roster players. They are very much in the playoff hunt and aren't dying to move such an important player. Personally, I'd like to take a flyer on Green. I think he could be dynamite on this team. But we will have to pay a lot to get him. I'm thinking Vatanen, Pamlieri, Ottawa's first and maybe one more piece. Maybe throw in Sbisa to lessen the blow of his contract and actually free up a roster spot for him. This is probably too steep and probably not enough. I don't think he's a realistic target, at least not before the deadline.

AmericanRocket91

Jan 2, 2012
Anaheim
How is this crazy? Sbisa still is still young and has potential. He just needs a change of scenery. The only hard part is determining which prospect gets included. (Devo, Wagner, Karlsson) I only added Winnik because he's an UFA.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Sbisa is further off from getting you Green than Winnik was. Reverse things. Would you give up Cam Fowler or Hampus Lindholm for a player like Luca Sbisa and spare change.

AmericanRocket91

Jan 2, 2012
Anaheim
Sbisa is further off from getting you Green than Winnik was. Reverse things. Would you give up Cam Fowler or Hampus Lindholm for a player like Luca Sbisa and spare change.

I get your point. I guess I'm one of the few that thinks Sbisa can be a top 4 D if given a change of scenery.

Ducksgo*

To Washington: Our 1st, Sbisa, mid-level prospect and/or WINNIK (if he chooses not to resign by Wednesday)

To Anaheim: Mike Green

During last nights broadcast Hayward & Ahlers said BM expects to deal the vast majority of our upcoming UFAs. With that said, I'm assuming if Winnik doesn't agree to a deal before the TD he'll be dealt.

Mike Green is signed to the 2015-2016 season and would definitely improve our PP.

Nope I want picks. We didn't get this far for nothing. We dealt with injuries, numerous call ups, and we kicked ass with what was going on. Ekblad and Demko is what's going down IMO.

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
Nope I want picks. We didn't get this far for nothing. We dealt with injuries, numerous call ups, and we kicked ass with what was going on. Ekblad and Demko is what's going down IMO.

Is there a rumor about us trading up? Or is this all because you just want us to do that instead of getting immediate help in trades? there's no way to tell if that is "what's going down" if it's coming out of nowhere. Also why do we want Demko?

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust

You'd trade useful players on this roster that can help us in the playoffs for draft picks rather than acquire guys that can play now and give us a better shot at the Cup? Why because we're so starved for prospects?

Ducksgo*

You'd trade useful players on this roster that can help us in the playoffs for draft picks rather than acquire guys that can play now and give us a better shot at the Cup? Why because we're so starved for prospects?

It's all a chance game. If we can acquire Ekblad and Demko how can we say no? Let's go forward with what we have to the playoffs. Trade Fasth for a 2nd give up 2 firsts 2 2nds for 2nd over all. Use our last second for Demko. We gain a goalie prospect while Gibson is making his transition to full time pro

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
It's all a chance game. If we can acquire Ekblad and Demko how can we say no? Let's go forward with what we have to the playoffs. Trade Fasth for a 2nd give up 2 firsts 2 2nds for 2nd over all. Use our last second for Demko. We gain a goalie prospect while Gibson is making his transition to full time pro

Why are you worrying about the draft? This team is in first place, of the whole league. We are already stocked with prospects and poised to take a serious run at the Cup. The priority is to acquire players, not picks, to help this team win. But let's say you're right and this team is fine the way it is. Wouldn't you rather we hold onto these players in case there's injuries or deficiencies in someone's game? What you want is to make this team weaker unnecessarily in order to get more prospects that we don't need. Teams that miss the playoffs and need to rebuild dump expiring contracts for draft picks. Teams like us get actual players who can help you win.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA

Can't see NYI/EDM/BUF trading out of the top 2 positions to pick up more picks further down in a weak draft. Better plan to offer up some attractive prospects like Etem along with those 1st rounders if you hope to have a shot at Ekblad.

Thank you for your sacrifice in advance if Ekblad is on the board when we draft ... we'll be sure to send a limo for you for the ride with Etem to the airport :sarcasm:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

You think the best team in the league should go into the trade deadline and try and acquire more draft picks? Please explain that logic.

As for the OP, it's not close to enough for Green.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I get your point. I guess I'm one of the few that thinks Sbisa can be a top 4 D if given a change of scenery.

I don't think you're alone in believing that, but he hasn't shown much of that, and that's what drives the value. I don't think there's a piece in there that would make the Caps have to contemplate moving Green.

We didn't get this far for nothing.
Exactly. We sure didn't go all this way, build a team to compete for the Cup for years, and then trade away guys to get (even more) comfy for the next draft. You have the priorities completely and utterly messed up.

Can you please stop that nonsense? Those picks will probably not be enough to get to 2nd overall. Our own pick has a great chance of being no lower than 26th. Let's say Ottawa's ended up 10th. A team with a chance to get Ekblad won't move down to 10 for a late 1st and a couple 2nds. That's precisely why you want to do it. Because it's an easy deal to make. They wouldn't take it. And the Demko-talk is even more insane. You could pick so many random guys to senselessly hype that can go in the 2nd round. A goalie of all. So pointless.

We're not talking about the draft these days. In just two days, we'll probably have less picks, not more. It's certainly not the damn focus.

Ducksgo*

I'm going all in for Ekblad. Guy is amazing and has huge hands. Eddie Shack, Damn Skippy, Joe, ducks nation, duckaroosky, DVM, my trade makes sense. Make it
Happen BM logical people understand you!! Two more days two more. Let's go BM

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
He wants to trade 4 picks for 1..... That's anti-youth-movement and for that reason, I'm out.
(Been watching a lot of shark tank)

Yeah you're right :laugh:. But at the same time trading up for a top 2 pick makes it feel that way. So much young players coming up for us already.

I don't really understand Sir DucksGo's thought process on this one.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Well he took it to the main boards. This should be fun.

That thread is embarassing to the Ducks fans on here. We've been building this farm since Scott Niedermayer retired and we're certainly not gonna trade away Gibson so he can satisfy his irrational infatuation with Southern California kids.

Ducksgo*

That thread is embarassing to the Ducks fans on here. We've been building this farm since Scott Niedermayer retired and we're certainly not gonna trade away Gibson so he can satisfy his irrational infatuation with Southern California kids.

Only to you because you disagree. California is producing hockey players at a fine rate. And I love my state for it. Eventually you all will understand Cali hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad