Friedman: "Washington’s looking for forwards. They’re going to be eying at the Pacific Northwest"

Aug 3, 2010
I think Calgary has set a prety good price for sellers and Calgary might have paid the lower middle-end of it for this trade deadline, and gotten away with a player that really works for their roster.

They got a player that's extremely familiar chemistry-wise with most of their roster and knows what the coach expects from a Stanley Cup-winning perspective. Most other players who will be sold will not have the same benefits.

For the other buying teams: caveat emptor.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Can see Caps interested in Miller or Boeser, but who are the potential matches in Seattle?

Cant see Jarnkok or Donskoi or Marcus Johansson really making the difference.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Can see Caps interested in Miller or Boeser, but who are the potential matches in Seattle?

Cant see Jarnkok or Donskoi or Marcus Johansson really making the difference.
I think any additions made will be done in the sake of long term roster building and not a stop gap so I could see them inquiring regarding Gourde.

The thing is that SEA is obviously not close to anything and Gourde has 3 more years on his deal, and his NMC kicks in next year.

If you’re moving Gourde you might be forced to to do it this season. A team like SEA shouldn’t have any veterans who are off limits, flip them all for as many assets as you can. Next year that’s more difficult to do re: Gourde.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Why go that far when you can just have Giroux?
Inter-divisional trades always carry a higher price tag. I also don’t think G makes sense for them. Why add a vet you’re losing in 4 months? They don’t need any patchwork to the roster, they need to forge an identity that’ll exist beyond this season

There are teams still on the ascent that would benefit from a strong veteran presence, a guy looking for his first Cup on a team looking for their first Cup with that crew, Washington isn’t one of those teams though

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Brock Boeser? Perhaps, but Caps have a lot of wingers, with a couple injured guys presumably set to return within a month (mantha, oshie) and both signed beyond this year. Just seems a little crowded and a for a guy that has a pretty high QO upcoming.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Probably going for Jared McCann and Brandon Tanev.
89103a57-1596-4a2c-ac28-3f1eb8ec9dc4_text.gif

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Would be silly for a non competitive team not to sell high on McCann shooting 25% in offensive minutes he wouldn't get anywhere else in the league I think.

I get your point and most of us on the Kraken are more than open to moving ANY player on our roster. But it needs to make sense to us. McCann has not had the opportunity, both number of games and TOI, to really have good numbers over a whole season. We understand his past and that he is largely unproven but moving out our best goal scorer just because others think his numbers are inflated and or a one-off really don't mean much to us. He has fit well on our team and produced at a solid rate. Just look at how William Karlsson did when he moved to Vegas.

Anyone asking on McCann's price is unlikely to like it. Francis will probably want multiple 1sts + for him and I doubt anyone gives that up for a player who is an upcoming RFA with arbitration rights. But it is in our best interest to re-sign McCann in that case.

Also, just to add a correction, his S% this season is 17.7% not 25%.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
For Gourde or McCann I would ask for a 22 1st + 23 2nd + Iorio + Protas.

For Jankrok Winnipeg 2nd + 23 3rd + take Hagelin back.

For Donskoi two 3rd's, 2nd + 3rd for 50% retained or take Hagelin back.

For Donato 22 2nd. Blackwell 3rd. Johansson 4th + 6th. Sheahan 6th.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00