Washing my jersey

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I had lost my jersey ever since moving a few years ago and I finally stumbled upon it in my storage. The problem is that the numbers are stained light yellow. I’m thinking of sticking it into the washer with some oxi clean but was wondering if anyone has come across this? Kinda surprised it’s stained, had bought it from Team LA store.

IMG_2398.jpeg

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I had lost my jersey ever since moving a few years ago and I finally stumbled upon it in my storage. The problem is that the numbers are stained light yellow. I’m thinking of sticking it into the washer with some oxi clean but was wondering if anyone has come across this? Kinda surprised it’s stained, had bought it from Team LA store.

View attachment 746714

Would love to help, but all my jerseys learned to walk on their own.....

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Have you ever been on a hockey team?
Hockey jerseys are not getting washed.... ever

This creates the wonderfully aromatic environment in a hockey locker room

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Have you ever been on a hockey team?
Hockey jerseys are not getting washed.... ever

This creates the wonderfully aromatic environment in a hockey locker room
Thank you for your non answer lol

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
If you use a stain treatment, spray a little onto the numbers and gently scrub it with a soft-bristled or silicone brush. You are more trying to rub it in and distribute it on the fibers than you are trying to scrub it off physically. I would avoid the sparkly stuff. Let it sit for about 20 minutes or so then rinse it out. After that wash as normal.

If that doesn't take it off, it might be permanently discolored. Sometimes rubbing alcohol can work wonders, you just have to be careful with it. I usually try a spot with a q-tip first.

Reactions: King'sPawn

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I was going to be a useless smartass but I see that was already taken care of.

I haven't encountered the issue you have. I just washed my jerseys with regular detergent, cold water to prevent shrinkage, etc. But those were the cheaper jerseys.

Fishhead has the best approach though - whatever you try, try it on a smaller area first.

Reactions: Little Psycho

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Never change @Kurrilino

If you use a stain treatment, spray a little onto the numbers and gently scrub it with a soft-bristled or silicone brush. You are more trying to rub it in and distribute it on the fibers than you are trying to scrub it off physically. I would avoid the sparkly stuff. Let it sit for about 20 minutes or so then rinse it out. After that wash as normal.

If that doesn't take it off, it might be permanently discolored. Sometimes rubbing alcohol can work wonders, you just have to be careful with it. I usually try a spot with a q-tip first.
Thanks for the tips!

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
i threw mine on the ice. and bought a devils jersey.

i always throw out dirty clothes and just buy new.

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad