Was wondering if I can get some opinions on Habs prospects from other teams fans.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I was just wondering if fans of other teams could give me so honest opinions on some of the following players. Please no Habs fans because obviously the comments will be a little bit biased. And please no Bruins fans or whatever saying "omGz dey all r teh sUXXors!!!11oneone11!

Who out of these players do you think will make the NHL? How many of them will play a big role? What kind of point production in the NHL could we expect from the following prospects? Some have played in the NHL and aren't really considered prospects anymore but they are still young so..

Carey Price
Chris Higgins
Mike Komisarek
Tomas Plekanec
Andrei Kostitsyn
Sergei Kostitsyn
Mikhail Grabovski
Guillaume Latendresse
Jaroslav Halak
Matt D'Agostini
Mathieu Aubin
Duncan Milroy
Ben Maxwell
Ryan O'Byrne
Kyle Chipchura
David Fischer
Alexei Emelin
Pavel Valentenko
Ryan White

opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Carey Price is a god amongst people who have watched him throughout his junior career. That's all you really need to worry about, but if you want more input...

Ben Maxwell was hurt alot of the year with I believe an elbow or shoulder injury, but had he stayed healthy he may very well have lead the league in scoring. Kootenay's offense was downright dominant without him, if they had had their best player in the lineup, they would have been unstoppable.

Ryan White is a solid player as well, one who I could see turning into a solid 3rd-4th liner in the NHL. Decent size, good puck mover, strong forechecker.

TRVIPERS

Sep 26, 2006
Home of the Jets
Alexei Emelin.

I really like Alexei Emelin.
I became a big fan after watching him at the WJC,then proceeded to draft him in my hockey pool.I have been trying to keep track of his career ever since.
I think he may surprise alot of people.I also think he may have very good offensive upside to go along with his rugged style and toughness.He kind of reminds me of a Scott Stevens type of player.
Now that Lada is having money problems, there seems to be a better chance of him coming over to Montreal sooner rather than later.
I have kept various tidbits on him .

Alexei Emelin - One of the biggest movers up the rankings, Emelin is enjoying a breakout season with Lada and was the top defensemen for Russia’s silver medal winning world junior team. Emelin is having a huge year in the RSL, after spending most of last season riding the pine, he has become one of Lada’s top players and leads the team in scoring for defensemen as well as the team penalty leaders. You can expect him to play an intense, highly aggressive physical game but where he’s really shown improvement is in his offensive skills and puck movement. The young blueliner has to continue to work and develop his all round game but the progress he has shown since being drafted in the summer of ’04 should give Hab fans something to get excited about.

Latest Player News:
06/26/2006 2006 Russian Super League (Russia) HC Lada locks down Vorobiev (Toronto Maple Leafs), Bodrov (Philadelphia Flyers) and Alexei Emelin (Montreal Canadiens)
The Togliatti based Lada club locked down it’s most promising defensemen Dmitri Vorobiev (Toronto Maple Leafs) and Alexei Emelin (Montreal Canadiens) for the coming 2006-07 season by tripling their salaries. In an interview with the Soviet Sport, the team’s president had the following to say regarding the signings: “Next season these defensemen will be the core of our offense. So, our increase of their salaries was a proper step. I personally talked to the guys. They will leave Lada only if they get solid NHL invitations. Emelin was already offered a deal, but Alexei was not satisfied with the conditions of the offer.â€

Alexei Emelin: May be this training camp's biggest surprise. Emelin (often mistakingly named Yemelin) is a pest of a defender. Though his size is still filling out, he has developed a reputation as a hard hitter with a Darius Kasparitus style game as his biggest asset. Though he has often been described as a stay at home type, his greatest strides this past season have involved an increased ability to clear his zone of the puck and leading breakout rushes. The evaluation on his upside continues to grow. Don't overlook him.

studley49

Oct 8, 2003
Flinton/Toronto, ON
Visit site
you almost named an entire NHL-sized team of prospects...so since you did, I'll make a lineup......players with italics are inserted to fill the team

Latendresse-Plekanec-Higgins
Grabovski-S. Kostitsyn-A. Kostitsyn
Maxwell-Chipchura-Aubin
Milroy-White-D'Agostini

Fischer-Emelin
Carle-Valentenko
O'Byrne-Cepek

Price
Halak

Last edited:

TRVIPERS

Sep 26, 2006
Home of the Jets
you almost named an entire NHL-sized team of prospects...so since you did, I'll make a lineup......players with italics are inserted to fill the team

Latendresse-Plekanec-Higgins
Grabovski-S. Kostitsyn-A. Kostitsyn
Maxwell-Chipchura-Aubin
Milroy-White-D'Agostini

Fischer-Emelin
Carle-Valentenko
O'Byrne-Cepek

Price
Halak

That is a damn nice looking lineup you have assembled there.
Actually,after looking at these prospects in the way you have lined them up,it made me realize that the Habs future is looking really bright.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad