Was Tom Wilsons Hit On Oskar Sundqvuist A Dirty Hit?

Was Tom Wilsons Hit On Oskar Sundqvuist A Dirty Hit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
No. pick your head up and have it on a swivel if you're gonna carry the puck and cut to the middle just over the blue line

Reactions: Neutrinos

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Very dirty, some of his hits I think aren't dirty as much as excessive, I think this is dirty and excessive.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
No. pick your head up and have it on a swivel if you're gonna carry the puck and cut to the middle just over the blue line
He had his head up towards the play, Wilson came in from out of nowhere. If I got hit like that I’d be pissed (when I got out of the hospital, that is)

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
... because you might get hit by a dirty hit?

The hit is very easily dirty. What Sundqvist does in this play is irrelevant. You don't blame the victim.

Reactions: Colt55

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Even if you want to say Sundqvist should have had his head up and its his fault, that still doesn't excuse Wilson for making that hit. He could have easily slowed his roll and still layed a good hit without inflicting that much trauma

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I only see a small amout of Washington fans defending Tom Wilsons Hit on OS.

I've seen a large amount of fans of opposing teams claiming Washington fans are defending the hit.

I haven't seen any actual Caps fans saying it was a clean hit.

Looked at the 7 people answering clean hit in this poll, don't recognize any of them as Caps fans.

Signed - A Capitals fan.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Doesn't dirty in preseason = dirty in regular season?
Agreed but i think its up a notch when you got kids trying to make a team. The games are not worth anything and you have a history of running rookies with the blues. Not one player that Wilson ran was a veteran or journeyman player all kids just trying to make the roster spot. He is some kind of special pos to act like this. He is getting 20 bet on it

Reactions: dirk41

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I've seen a large amount of fans of opposing teams claiming Washington fans are defending the hit.

I haven't seen any actual Caps fans saying it was a clean hit.

Looked at the 7 people answering clean hit in this poll, don't recognize any of them as Caps fans.

Signed - A Capitals fan.
Just go to the nhl talk section and then read through the 40 pages of responses and there are about 4-5 actual cap fans defending this pos. Just wanted to give you a heads up to do some research before you claim innocence for your fanbase

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
[mod]

"lateral, back-pressure or blindside hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and/or the principal point of contact" are illegal. Same as hooking, slashing, tripping, etc.

Your argument is like saying someone shouldn't get a high sticking penalty because it's the other player's fault for being in the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Just go to the nhl talk section and then read through the 40 pages of responses and there are about 4-5 actual cap fans defending this pos. Just wanted to give you a heads up to do some research before you claim innocence for your fanbase

Okay, so we're only ~ 95% innocent lol.

The consensus in the Caps forum is it was a dirty hit.

Reactions: Silky mitts

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Okay, so we're only ~ 95% innocent lol.

The consensus in the Caps forum is it was a dirty hit.
I will be honest i looked into the caps forum and most of you were saying it was boderline dirty to really dirty. But some were also showing frustration with him pulling this crap in the preseason, not because they cared about our players but because he wont stop getting suspended and its hurting the caps. Which is still an admission for me and i appreciate the cap fans that do see the crap he is doing is wrong. especially to a kid in pre-season this is now the third kid he has knocked out of pre-season with a concussion from blues. Both Blais and Thomas last year and now os this year. Really wished we had reaves still.

Reactions: Midnight Judges

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I will be honest i looked into the caps forum and most of you were saying it was boderline dirty to really dirty. But some were also showing frustration with him pulling this crap in the preseason, not because they cared about our players but because he wont stop getting suspended and its hurting the caps. Which is still an admission for me and i appreciate the cap fans that do see the crap he is doing is wrong. especially to a kid in pre-season this is now the third kid he has knocked out of pre-season with a concussion from blues. Both Blais and Thomas last year and now os this year. Really wished we had reaves still.

It was a dirty hit. Wilson is a dirty player. He needs to clean up his act. There is not much to argue about.

Reactions: Colt55

member 157595

Doesn't dirty in preseason = dirty in regular season?

I can at least somewhat understand an overzealous hit on a player with his head down during games that count, or by a young guy doing everything in his power to make the team.

Wilson is a veteran NHL player coming off a Cup win, and is signed to a long-term guaranteed contract. He will not lose a spot on the team by not going full-bore during meaningless games, but he will probably piss off his organization if he is missing from games that count because of invoking the nuclear option during a meaningless game.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I only see a small amout of Washington fans defending Tom Wilsons Hit on OS. SO I wanted to do a quick poll to see what everyones final thought was on this issue.

In an ideal world, nobody should have final thoughts on this hit until after the DoPS has their full explanation video up that shows it in slowmo from multiple angles.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
[mod]

"lateral, back-pressure or blindside hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and/or the principal point of contact" are illegal. Same as hooking, slashing, tripping, etc.

Your argument is like saying someone shouldn't get a high sticking penalty because it's the other player's fault for being in the way.

I agree the hit is dirty, but the quote in your post is outdated. That is no longer how Rule 48 reads.

Last edited by a moderator:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I only see a small amout of Washington fans defending Tom Wilsons Hit on OS. SO I wanted to do a quick poll to see what everyones final thought was on this issue.
Video it or it didnt happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad