Music: Was their first album their best?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
My Takes:

The Doors - Yes
Velvet Underground - Yes
King Crimson - Yes
MC5 - Yes
Roxy Music - HARD NO. For Your Pleasure, Country Life, Siren and Avalon are all better.
Lynyrd Skynyrd - No
NY Dolls - Yes
Patti Smith - No, Radio Ethiopia is better
Boston - Yes
Ramones - Debatable between it Rocket to Russia
Television - Yes
The Cars - Debatable between it and Heartbeat City
Devo - Debatable between it and Freedom of Choice.
Van Halen - Debatable between it and 1984
The Pretenders - Yes
The Band - Yes
Leonard Cohen - Yes, I guess. I'd strongly disagree, but I guess it's hard to argue that it's his "best"
Stone Roses - Yes
The Strokes - Yes
Guns N Roses - Yes
The Go Go's - Yes
Jimi Hendrix - Yes
Sex Pistols - Yes
Suicide - Yes
Bad Brains - Yes
Nine Inch Nails - Debatable between it and The Downward Spiral, but I believe EVERYBODY slept on The Fragile and that it's their best.
Pearl Jam - Yes

I'd argue With Teeth is the most slept on NIN album.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Agreed. I'd argue their best song is from With Teeth. "Every Day Is Exactly The Same" fwiw. The album as a whole is so good.

Yup, love that one.

People like to hate on it because it isnt Downward Spiral, but it does a great job of capturing despression. The feeling of monotony, going through the motions, helplessness and the upbeat music is even a stand in for "smile so everyone thinks you're ok". With "Everyday is Exactly The Same" nailing it all in one song.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
As much as I love High Voltage and prefer about 5 albums more... there's no denying Back In Black is probably their best since it's one of the most important Rock albums of all-time. If you mean Bon Scott era only, sure.
I don't care for anything post Bon Scott Era, can't get in to it. However back in black is easily the best post Bon . Cheers

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad