Post-Game Talk: WAS @ NYI - 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Solid defensive effort, SO, 2 pts and Ovi goal. Looks like we got the entire wishlist
I would have liked to have seen a our pp get back on track.
A bit more offense would have been nice. If we were playing against a team with any offensive talent we wouldn't have won that game.
The Islanders just don't have any big time offensive threats.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I would have liked to have seen a our pp get back on track.
A bit more offense would have been nice. If we were playing against a team with any offensive talent we wouldn't have won that game.
The Islanders just don't have any big time offensive threats.

These things do need to be improved, but I think we beat most teams in the league with that kind of defensive effort.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Im not sure. Were we that good defensively or were the Isles that bad offensively. Remember the Isles score the least amount of goals in the entire NHL.
If we are playing against any other team 1 goal wouldn't be enough to win.

We blocked a lot of shots and had sticks in every lane. The Isles also defended well for the most part, these games are always low scoring games.

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
Look, if you think that Fucale is good enough to take over as a starting goaltender, I won’t burst your bubble. I just hope the GM sees the situation for what it is.

I think it’s weird to write some off as NHL level based on one bad game (while his total stats are still better then the other goalies). That’s it for me, as the rest of your posts are getting even more silly.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I think it’s weird to write some off as NHL level based on one bad game (while his total stats are still better then the other goalies). That’s it for me, as the rest of your posts are getting even more silly.

Even without the Bruins game I would've said the same. He's 26 years old and never cracked a NHL roster. He had 3 solid games, I can name 25 other NHL backup goaltenders that could've done the same.

These are the last few years of being a playoff team with Ovi, I do not want to see this opportunity wasted away by shitty goaltending.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
We didn't block many shots until late in the game. We had zero blocks in the first period and the Isles only threw 7 shots on goal.

The defense can't block shots when they keep the other team from generating shots.
s1gpfnl0j8j61.jpg

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I wouldn't put this game in the category of 'entertainment' but it was a much needed win and a pretty solid effort. Nice to see Vanecek with a shutout. Very nice shot block by Hathaway to seal the game.

Power play still blows chunks and Backstrom's skating is some kind of special. Really hope that the latter is a temporary condition.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Really happy with that effort. NYI pushed back in the third but we didn’t turtle. Hope they build on it tomorrow.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Canadians don't talk like that. Atleast no one I know does. We also don't say aboot. We don't live in igloos. We do get summers and in fact can be very hot.
We don't skate to work. Poutine isn't as popular as you might think. And not everyone plays hockey or follows hockey. In fact it's less popular now than ever.
It's hilarious that you think you're the only Canadian on this board.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Missing three of their middle six wingers for almost the entire game (Sheary, Oshie, Mantha) and also missing their defensive 4LW (Hagelin) and still playing a defensively-sound game shouldn’t be overlooked here. Three rookies + Ovi and Sprong to replace two-way guys (and Hags) who get big minutes… not bad.

I think it’s increasingly clear that while Hags is still a major part of the PK, the fourth line can be very effective without him. It’s hard to see GMBM not seeing 62 as a likely cap casualty this off season, especially given 11 of the 12 (intended) forwards are under contract next season and guys like Protas and CMM will be looking for more permanent playing time.

Good work by Vitek and the boys. Let’s do the same with Sammy tomorrow.

Edit: the Caps winning a daytime game. Incredible.

Reactions: caps4cup

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
happy that Lavi got the team to play a team defense game even at the expense of offensive chances, no effin' way were they giving up another 3 spot or more
Good job
Fever with a great game
Nice to not give up a lead late in the game
Hopefully they'll keep the team defense going and add some more Offense v VAN next game

a bit boring but that wasn't the point (tho' there was a mention during the game that 3 of the prev 4 were all 1-0 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad