WJC: Was Forsberg-Naslund duo best ever in WJC?

Tavaresmagicalplay*

Can't believe Canada won a gold medal against these guys with Manny Legace in net.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Gretzky and whoever the hell he played with wasn't too shabby. What did he have, 22 points or something ridiculous as a 16-year-old?

EDIT: Just looked it up. 17 pts in six games.

RangerRed

Jan 23, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
The best line in WJC History, without question has to be Mogilny - Fedorov - Bure. On sheer volume of talent, I'm not sure even Canada can put up a line that can go punch for punch with that.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
The best line in WJC History, without question has to be Mogilny - Fedorov - Bure. On sheer volume of talent, I'm not sure even Canada can put up a line that can go punch for punch with that.

You know.. Näslund - Forsberg - Sundström played 7 games and scored 69 points...

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
So did this thread inspire anyone to head over to Youtube to check out the footage of the Mogilny-Federov-Bure line? There are three separate clips of Mogilny's hat trick against Canada. Who the hell was the announcer? It's crazy to hear him ripping on those Russian kids like that.

lyrrad

Dec 17, 2005
crosby and bergeron were pretty damn dominant

but i don't think you can top that forsberg performance.

JesusBouillon

Jan 29, 2009
crosby and bergeron were pretty damn dominant

but i don't think you can top that forsberg performance.

Yeah that was who I had in mind. I remember they played together the following senior World Championship and were just as dominant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad