Was Evgeni Malkin's hit on TJ Oshie a dirty play?

Was Evgeni Malkin's hit on TJ Oshie a dirty play?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Caps fan saying no.

I don't buy the "bracing" argument either. The hit was intentional and Malkin did lean into it, but not dirty IMO. And if it was dirty it was pretty mildly so to the point where it's not worth a thread or an ejection.

weinsink

Feb 8, 2018
Of course it was dirty. Malkin was sweaty as **** and probably smelled bad. Who knows when the last time he washed his elbow was?

Gtfo if you think Malkin was clean when he delivered that hit. Clearly you don't know enough about hockey and have never smelled elbow pads after a game if you think that was clean.
Go watch soccer,good hit.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Not even close.

It was Oshie's hit. He skated right into Malkin, leading with his head/chest. Malkin was the puck carrier. He did nothing other than play the part of "immovable object" in this scenario.

OP could use a video, as not every poster in the polls section has read/seen every thread on the main board. You could easily get votes from people who haven't seen the hit.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Not even close.

It was Oshie's hit. He skated right into Malkin, leading with his head/chest. Malkin was the puck carrier. He did nothing other than play the part of "immovable object" in this scenario.

OP could use a video, as not every poster in the polls section has read/seen every thread on the main board. You could easily get votes from people who haven't seen the hit.

I voted without seeing the hit. Then again my post above should be pretty clear that my vote and said post were heavily tongue in cheek. Only someone who likes being mad online would take it seriously.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It’s not dirty but it is a penalty and worth a review.

Oshie is fine so I’m not surprised there’s no supplemental discipline.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Very obviously yes. Intentionally changes his body position to clip Oshie's head.

All Malkin did was raise his shoulder against a player coming at an angle after the puck was passed. You don't do what Oshie did unless you're throwing a hit

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Finnish people remember when Malkin broke Erik Haula's jaw with a cross check in the face in WHC final, which was held in Belarus 4 years ago. No penalty to Malkin even.

I dunno if it was intentional in Oshie's case but if not, then Malkin can be very clumsy or careless sometimes.

Right in the start of this video:

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
If you are going to hit someone dont lead with your face. Wtf was he thinking trying to hit him like that.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Oshie put himself in a dangerous position....not Malkin fault.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think it was, not the dirtiest play I've ever seen but still dirty and it should get a 1-game suspension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad