GDT: Was @ Ana 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
TIL: the only team from the West that's as skilled and fast as the Capitals is Washington. They truly were a step above Anaheim.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
TIL: the only team from the West that's as skilled and fast as the Capitals is Washington. They truly were a step above Anaheim.

You need to realize that there is no shootouts in the playoffs. I did not see a team a step above Anaheim at all.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Caps fan here: you guys are a damn good team.

Watching this game and the north/south/pace was awesome. Worth staying up until almost 1 am for, for sure.

I wouldn't mind seeing more games like this. How about 4-7 more of them in June? :)

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012

Watching this game and the north/south/pace was awesome. Worth staying up until almost 1 am for, for sure.

I wouldn't mind seeing more games like this. How about 4-7 more of them in June? :)

Only if we don't lose in game 7, well atleast it couldn't be at home haha

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014

Was thinking the same thing. Was a treat to watch both teams' transition games on display. Good luck in the playoffs. Would be one HELL of a series.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Shame we couldn't have put them away early when we had the chance, but that 4v1 punctuated the way things went offensively tonight.

The Caps were impressive the way they took over in the 3rd, Holtby and Gibby were the stories tonight.

Damn Canucks, you suck.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
He did play for LA so that's not surprising.

I checked the replay and it's not in the head but it is in the neck guard. You can see Gibsons head reacting to it. Took a screenshot and you can see the blade in the image below.

UKbHx0b.jpg

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
So the #42 & 47 pairing had the least amount of icetime (by several minutes), despite having been the best pairing for quite some time.

What is the rationale for this?

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
Awesome game. Would much rather see you guys in the finals instead of Chicago or LA. If my Caps get knocked out of the playoffs this year I'll be joining the Ducks bandwagon so look out for me

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Shame we couldn't have put them away early when we had the chance, but that 4v1 punctuated the way things went offensively tonight.

The Caps were impressive the way they took over in the 3rd, Holtby and Gibby were the stories tonight.

Damn Canucks, you suck.

After the Caps PP and maybe a minute more I thought we took over that third. The only chances they got were a couple of counter punches off of bad giveaways. Holtby really held the fort for them at the end, and the PP never looked comfortable.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
And Pirri/Stewart can't come back soon enough, Ritchie is such a killer on Getzlaf's line. Did he even play in the third period other than the TMM penalty?

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
After the Caps PP and maybe a minute more I thought we took over that third. The only chances they got were a couple of counter punches off of bad giveaways. Holtby really held the fort for them at the end, and the PP never looked comfortable.

Seemed that they adjusted for the 3rd and really made life difficult by disrupting our passing game. You may be right that they didn't out-chance us or anything, I'm just going from my gut on that, but I thought we took the first two periods and they had more control in the 3rd.

On a random note, I was impressed with the way we contained Ovie.

Static said:
And Pirri/Stewart can't come back soon enough, Ritchie is such a killer on Getzlaf's line. Did he even play in the third period other than the TMM penalty?

Amen. He was brutal. Beyond Ritchie, I'm looking forward to getting a few more forward options in the mix (Horcoff as well), I suspect Bruce may need to tinker a bit more down the stretch.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal

Yes, the first shift, when he lost his check and the Caps scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad