Warriors owner creates some chaos

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
That NY Times article came out a couple weeks ago and really just rubbed me the wrong way. And I'm not even that big of a basketball fan.

My cousin linked me to the article and dubbed it a "good read." My cousin being somebody who is overly enamored with CEOs and corporate celebrities. So he bought Lacob's tripe.

I get that there are good and bad owners, but Lacob's assertions were dubious at best.

I linked my cousin to an older book that Jonah Keri wrote about Tampa Bay and how they recruited former GM Andrew Friedman from Wall Street. The title of the book was "The Extra 2%" since that was the motto of the management. They were just looking for a slight advantage in order to compete on a shoestring budget against monster payrolls like the Yankees and Red Sox.

I could understand and respect the 2% mantra. But the "light years ahead" just is arrogant.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Came out a few weeks ago and has been discussed ad nauseum on basketball forums and the internet over.... a bad look for org to be sure.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Was it part of their plan for Steph Curry, a guy who was projected to be merely "good" coming out of Davidson (and for a while was merely "good" in the NBA), to turn into one of the greatest shooters of all time?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'm getting sick of Lacob. People often forget that Mark Jackson is so bitter in large part because of how much **** this guy talked after they fired him.

Just shut the hell up and let your team do their thing. Nobody cares about you.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
To be fair if you remove the Spurs from the equation then he isn't wrong.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
To be fair if you remove the Spurs from the equation then he isn't wrong.

But they aren't light years ahead. Its not like they have a secret formula here. They have a really great shooter and another good shooter. I mean there's no blueprint for that or anything. Their fans should enjoy it because after they will see what Bulls fans did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad