Player Discussion Warren Foegele - next contract?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's going to the Flames in a trade for Tanev as per the Shames fanboys. It is Ceci, Foegele, Holloway and the 1st for the impending free agent! A trade with the Edmonton Oilers for Chris Tanev could make sense for both teams

Yeah, he's going to get 4 million on a 4 year contract somewhere, but it won't be with the OIlers.

Actually Brown at a league minimum would be a good player to have. At worst he's a PB guy who can kill penalties.
What I like about Brown is that he isn't just a defensive forward. He pushes the play up the ice. That's what puts him ahead of forwards like Hamblin and Erne, who were good defensively but played very conservatively (probably directed to by the coach)

Edit: and as for Foegele, whether he stays or not depends on how much the cap grows imo. If he's gone, that's okay, but if we can keep him, great

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
What I like about Brown is that he isn't just a defensive forward. He pushes the play up the ice. That's what puts him ahead of forwards like Hamblin and Erne, who were good defensively but played very conservatively (probably directed to by the coach)

Edit: and as for Foegele, whether he stays or not depends on how much the cap grows imo. If he's gone, that's okay, but if we can keep him, great
The thing with Brown is he has the chance to be out play his matchups in the bottom-6, which should help the Oilers in the long run

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I think there's still a chance he's better than what we have seen so far. he's getting some chances and it's a matter of time before some pucks start to go in. Low expectations, but if the Oilers go deep and he can turn it up a notch and do some good work the rest of way and in the playoffs, his cap hit won't be such a bitter pill to swollow next year.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think there's still a chance he's better than what we have seen so far. he's getting some chances and it's a matter of time before some pucks start to go in. Low expectations, but if the Oilers go deep and he can turn it up a notch and do some good work the rest of way and in the playoffs, his cap hit won't be such a bitter pill to swollow next year.
The contract will be easily worth it if we go on a deep playoff run and Brown becomes our Pisani-lite. I could care less what he does in the regular season right now.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Foegele is a worker bee who has had consistency issues in the past. Not the best hands but really good wheels and a hot motor. His recent offensive success is due to having Drai and other top 6 guys help him out, but in my mind, he is a 3rd line player forever, and should be paid as such.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad