Speculation: Waivers

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Does any website list players eligibility?

Am I reading it right that balcers does not need to clear waivers until he plays 60 total NHL games?

Who is exempt?

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
On D, Jaros and Lajoie. I really doubt they want to expose Jaros, which has made some of the moves a bit more curious. Lajoie probably slips through.

At forward, besides Balcers, Chlapik also has to clear. I think he is a terrific bottom 6 forward longer term, so really hoping we don`t try and slip him through waivers.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
On D, Jaros and Lajoie. I really doubt they want to expose Jaros, which has made some of the moves a bit more curious. Lajoie probably slips through.

At forward, besides Balcers, Chlapik also has to clear. I think he is a terrific bottom 6 forward longer term, so really hoping we don`t try and slip him through waivers.
I think Jaros and Lajoie would pass through fine. Maybe I over value them but I think Chlapik and Balcers have a shot at being picked up especially with expanded rosters.

Would Zub have to clear waivers?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Why is waivers before camps? Isn't the whole point to give players who didn't make NHL teams a chance to make another?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I really hope some of Jaros, Balcers, Lajoie and Chlapik get picked up on waivers and get their chance somewhere else. I think Balcers get picked up without a doubt.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

That’s right - they can send Bath, Brown, Brann, Form, and Norris down to protect those guys.

No wonder Brown wants a trade ...

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
Which Brown ? Do you have a link ?

I believe they are unsubstantiated rumours related to Logan. Quite possible there is fire under the smoke there though, but doubt it is anything a good season and strong showing of a few games in the NHL wouldn't fix.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I believe they are unsubstantiated rumours related to Logan. Quite possible there is fire under the smoke there though, but doubt it is anything a good season and strong showing of a few games in the NHL wouldn't fix.

Yes - I just hope get gets a chance early with decent line mates.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I would guess that these guys are all placed on waivers before the start of the season:
Balcers
Beaudin
Chlapik
Haley
Jaros
Lajoie
Peca
Shaw

The Sens could put Colburn through?

I think they need to protect Chaplik, Balcers, and Jaros at a minimum.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The Sens could put Colburn through?

I think they need to protect Chaplik, Balcers, and Jaros at a minimum.
You could be right, but I'm going to guess that there will be a ton of players going through waivers at the same time from every team with similar skillsets to those 3 that they might make it through. I would also imagine if someone takes one of them that PD would take one of theirs or someone else's of similar skillset.

Agreed, they could put Coburn through too given they got back a 2nd from that deal & don't really need him except for some vet depth & maybe as a deadline deal to get a little more. They don't have any 5th or 6th rd picks, maybe Coburn returns them one of those by the deadline.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You could be right, but I'm going to guess that there will be a ton of players going through waivers at the same time from every team with similar skillsets to those 3 that they might make it through. I would also imagine if someone takes one of them that PD would take one of theirs or someone else's of similar skillset.

Agreed, they could put Coburn through too given they got back a 2nd from that deal & don't really need him except for some vet depth & maybe as a deadline deal to get a little more. They don't have any 5th or 6th rd picks, maybe Coburn returns them one of those by the deadline.

I agree, but in the same token are Balcers and Chaplik not worth at least 5-6 RD picks ?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I agree, but in the same token are Balcers and Chaplik not worth at least 5-6 RD picks ?
I would hope so, but they are really still somewhat unknown in the NHL as to what their ceilings could be. And I imagine every team has similar bubble players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad