Injury Report: Waiting No More, Rinne is back!

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
If you believe reports, Rinne will be back practicing on the 20th. it's a soft deadline but still it's a deadline. I have a two part question.

1) What do you expect out of Rinne

2) How close do the the Preds have to be to a WC spot for it to matter?

Last edited:

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
Hmm.. I hope this is the case but I was a little discouraged last night when I saw him hobbling on his giant crutches last night.. He didn't see to be getting around very fast.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I don't expect Rinne back full speed till after the olympic break. We need to be 4pts out of a playoff spot by then. We have got to make up the gap between us and the Wild in the next month and try to put the stars/jets behind us. Get even with the Yotes at least. Lots of away games after the break and we have to have Rinne back to have a chance.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I don't expect him back this season at all if he's still on crutches.

He may be back this season, but I don't expect him back fully until next November and that's even a maybe on the fully part. For some reason I just have a feeling that he is only going to be 70-80% of what he has been the past couple of years. I hope I am wrong though.

When he does come back, he will be extremely rusty. IMO the team's only chance to get to the playoffs is to keep playing musical goalies with Hutton and Mazanec. If Rinne is put back in at any point this season, the rust will doom the team.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Goaltending was only a big issue for about a week or so when Hutton was truly awful..

Since then goaltending hasn't really cost us any games.

The biggest thing Rinne coming back would do would be to allow the team to play loose knowing they have an all world goalie to bail out their mistakes.... if Peeks could miraculously return to full awesomeness, it might loosen up the offense a bit

That said, with both Hutton and Maz playing pretty well now, I wouldn't rush him back.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
He may be back this season, but I don't expect him back fully until next November and that's even a maybe on the fully part. For some reason I just have a feeling that he is only going to be 70-80% of what he has been the past couple of years. I hope I am wrong though.

When he does come back, he will be extremely rusty. IMO the team's only chance to get to the playoffs is to keep playing musical goalies with Hutton and Mazanec. If Rinne is put back in at any point this season, the rust will doom the team.

You do know that the Preds have an AHL affiliate? Perhaps Pekka playing 3 to 5 games in Milwaukee before playing in the NHL would be a wise move.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
You do know that the Preds have an AHL affiliate? Perhaps Pekka playing 3 to 5 games in Milwaukee before playing in the NHL would be a wise move.

If he gets back to being healthy I'm sure there would be a conditioning stint in Milwaukee before playing any NHL games. Or at least I would certainly hope so.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

He would have to be there for a month or more for the rust to wear off. He didn't look like himself when he did play this season, granted he probably had something going on there with the infection building. But personally I think he's better off waiting until next year.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
He would have to be there for a month or more for the rust to wear off. He didn't look like himself when he did play this season, granted he probably had something going on there with the infection building. But personally I think he's better off waiting until next year.

How would any of us have any idea how long it will take for the rust to come off, or for him to get into game shape, or anything else? When he's healthy they'll start having him work out. When he's in shape they'll send him down to the minors for a conditioning stint. If he plays well down there and they think he's ready, they'll bring him up and play him.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I said long ago if they could stay around .500% until he returns they would have a shot. With as long as this is looking like it will keep him out of the line-up and how well the West is playing overall, I would say they need to be closer to .580%. Even then it is going to be really hard to make the playoffs this season. The west is just to strong for a team that depends on not allowing many goals to lose their elite goalie to have a chance to make it in.

JamestheSame

Apr 18, 2012
At this point I'm not expecting playoffs. I'd like to see Rinne come back and the Preds play well to give me hope for the upcoming year.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
The crawler on the NHL channel said that his return to strenuous workouts has been delayed two weeks from the previously set date of Dec. 20. Looking at the calendar, the new target is around Jan. 3.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Who do you think will take on the majority of the work load. Despite Mez being rookie of the month, seems like Hutton has been playing more lately. But in the last few games they both have been pulled.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Rinne isn't going to be back till after the olympic break and by then we will be out of the playoffs unless some miracle happens and we go on a huge winning streak in January and the some other teams tank. Maz and Hutton are inconsistant and you never know which one will be on or off. One will start and stink and the other one comes in and plays well so you start him and then he stinks and you flip again. Then if the goaltending is good the team can't score or visa versa. I just want Rinne totally healthy for next season.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Rinne isn't going to be back till after the olympic break and by then we will be out of the playoffs unless some miracle happens and we go on a huge winning streak in January and the some other teams tank. Maz and Hutton are inconsistant and you never know which one will be on or off. One will start and stink and the other one comes in and plays well so you start him and then he stinks and you flip again. Then if the goaltending is good the team can't score or visa versa. I just want Rinne totally healthy for next season.

We aren't already out of the playoff race ?

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
They aren't mathematically eliminated, but they're in a deep hole. At this point I'm mostly hoping for no more serious injuries, some UFA vets traded at the deadline for high draft picks, and that the defense and young offensive talent show improvement to build on. Get Rinne completely healthy for next season. Get younger and more talented up front. Then be ready to contend in a couple of seasons when the Weber money decreases, he's still in his prime, Josi starts entering his prime and those high drafted forwards are ready to contribute. I think we're about halfway through a rebuild, because the defense and net are set barring extreme injuries. We need young, talented forwards to put in front of these guys. Develop Forsberg, draft high a couple of years and the team should be close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad