Injury Report: Wade Allison, sprained MCL, out until at least February 4-5 All-Star Break

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Flyers have two more injuries as they try to fend off franchise infamy

The 24-year-old winger suffered an MCL sprain during the Flyers' 6-3 loss Saturday to the Sabres. Following practice Sunday, interim head coach Mike Yeo said he expects Allison to be out until the Feb. 4-5 All-Star break.

Yeo said he believed the injury was not to the same knee in which Allison suffered a torn ACL back during college.

Allison, who plays with an all-out style and a big shot, has had a rough career from a health standpoint. He battled two ankle injuries in 2021 and overcame the ACL tear at Western Michigan, where he ended up staying for four years. He also suffered an elbow injury last month with AHL affiliate Lehigh Valley not long after he returned from the high ankle sprain.​

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I9rQWq5.jpg

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
So basically both knees and both ancles destabilized due to injuries.
I fear one can't compensate for that with lower body strength and conditioning alone. He will get injured again.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Wade Allison will always be a what if. I highly doubt he will ever play more than 20-30 games in the nhl in a single season, if that.

Diaper Mask Bandits

Jan 15, 2022
I thought this guy was marked down as holding a future spot? just like all the other guys who have been considered "good" prospects at one point or the other......

I've read numerous posts over the years such as "well, wait until such and such a guy is marinated and ready. Then, we'll have the depth. We just need to wait until next year."

Strange, how most of these guys who had future spots locked own never panned out.

Frankly, three seasons ago a good GM would have moved a few of these prospects such as Alison for a legitimate, productive player.
.... coming from the standpoint that 3 seasons ago, the Flyers were considered as having the top depth in terms of prospect pool.

If you can't develop them, might as well trade them for legit players when you have the opportunity.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad