Injury Report: Wade Allison, MCL sprain (Jan. 22); Rehab skate, could play Sat. for Phantoms or Flyers (Feb. 28)

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Who comes out if Allison was healthy ? TK or Farabee ?

Toxic twin sure as f*** aren't pulling Big Mac out of the lineup.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I noticed this earlier, but honestly, calling out when people contradict themselves around here is a full time job these days
It really is pathetic how people break their backs to defend any and every management decision, logic be damned.

Remember that time a specific cherrypicked set of stats was used to make definitive claims about Ghost being bad? And then, once those stats started showing he was good, those stats suddenly became irrelevant?

I remember.

Say, how is that guy doing now that he's been slung loose of this gaping event horizon into sports hell?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Remember that time a specific cherrypicked set of stats was used to make definitive claims about Ghost being bad? And then, once those stats started showing he was good, those stats suddenly became irrelevant?

I remember.

Say, how is that guy doing now that he's been slung loose of this gaping event horizon into sports hell?

Oh, don't you worry, I won't forget when the true measusre of how to assess a defensemens defensive ability was clearly laid out, only for said user to find out that the player on the team with the best metrics on the team in that regard was none other than the defensemen who was touted as "bad defensively".

Walking that bear right into that trap is a crowning moment for me.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Well given he probably won't play until mid-December (2-3 weeks from the 22nd), ETA in Philly is probably Jan 1, just in time to join Hayes and Ellis for the stretch run (if they haven't dug too deep a hole).

Tanner in March, Brink, St Ivany in April?
in what world do you live in. because reality seems like its missed you

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

I remember.

Oh, don't you worry, I won't forget when the true measusre of how to assess a defensemens defensive ability was clearly laid out, only for said user to find out that the player on the team with the best metrics on the team in that regard was none other than the defensemen who was touted as "bad defensively".

Walking that bear right into that trap is a crowning moment for me.
You would think such an individual would have the self awareness to feel embarrassed when an entire forum repeatedly catches them lying, but somehow there’s an almost psychopathic level of indifference and shamelessness.

Scary to think of what that kind of person is like in the real world.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You would think such an individual would have the self awareness to feel embarrassed when an entire forum repeatedly catches them lying, but somehow there’s an almost psychopathic level of indifference and shamelessness.

Scary to think of what that kind of person is like in the real world.

You must be a joy to hang around. Such a friendly, respectful person.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Put Allison with Frost. Let them rip the AHL a new one for as many games as it takes to get AV fired.

For the love of god, don't bring them up.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
The Flyers are in the midst of a looong losing streak and Chuck will go full panic mode soon... Frost will be up in a couple of days and same goes for Allison as soon as he has gotten into a couple of games with the Phantoms. Better be happy for the kids than hoping for AV getting fired.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Why do people assume Allison is destined for the NHL roster ASAP when they publicly talked about how he hasn't proven anything?

It's far more likely he gets Frosted. Gotta let Lappy pound out the cuteness until all that's left is a blob that reliably dumps the puck in and never does anything that might be considered exciting. That development process in action.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Why do people assume Allison is destined for the NHL roster ASAP when they publicly talked about how he hasn't proven anything?

It's far more likely he gets Frosted. Gotta let Lappy pound out the cuteness until all that's left is a blob that reliably dumps the puck in and never does anything that might be considered exciting. That development process in action.

While I don't technically disagree, I could see Allison getting thr nod because "big" and "plays big". This fanbase (general) still loves a good "bully" story, so it wouldn't surprise me in the absolute least that Allison gets the callup before Frost for marketing reasons alone.

Thus, once again, throws a giant wrinkle in someone's theory that were only keeping certain players because they can play Center. Cause if that was truly the case, Frost would have been promoted by now. Don't worry though. We're currently working on the next Defend-o-Bot ( can I get a TM, @kudymen ?) deflection of why this management tactic is terrible.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
While I don't technically disagree, I could see Allison getting thr nod because "big" and "plays big". This fanbase (general) still loves a good "bully" story, so it wouldn't surprise me in the absolute least that Allison gets the callup before Frost for marketing reasons alone.

Thus, once again, throws a giant wrinkle in someone's theory that were only keeping certain players because they can play Center. Cause if that was truly the case, Frost would have been promoted by now. Don't worry though. We're currently working on the next Defend-o-Bot ( can I get a TM, @kudymen ?) deflection of why this management tactic is terrible.

I think I like this idea. Will be a ****** pain to go through all those posts to build a database, but I cant help but think it would be worth it.

Reactions: Starat327

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I think Fatty and F***head have made up their minds that Allison is an NHL player now and Frost is not. I don't think it's more complicated than that. Just a gut feeling, and also a sphincter feeling.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Allison will go to the AHL b/c he needs a couple weeks to get into game condition.
He'll be up by the New Year if not earlier.

Reactions: renberg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think Fatty and F***head have made up their minds that Allison is an NHL player now and Frost is not. I don't think it's more complicated than that. Just a gut feeling, and also a sphincter feeling.

If Allison is up via expedited process then it'll prove the team is at minimum neutral towards him and biased against Frost.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Allison will go to the AHL b/c he needs a couple weeks to get into game condition.
He'll be up by the New Year if not earlier.

ij7C1Va.jpg

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
good news. Hopefully we can get Brown back too, Willman aint shit.. there we go again ch0osing Brown vs Willman

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

So shitting on Allison cause you are pissy about how they are handling Frost is your move . And you complaining about the fan base being idiots . Yikes

Frost should be up , yes I agree , but as soon as Allison has a few games under his belt he should be up as well and not cause of your big bully story . Put them together as a playmaker and as a shooter .

The fact that he plays big is a plus not a minus ffs , he wins board battles forces turnovers and get it to his line mates . He has good speed and seems defensively responsible .

But Ya he is big and a bully that's the only reason he will be up .

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So shitting on Allison cause you are pissy about how they are handling Frost is your move . And you complaining about the fan base being idiots . Yikes

Frost should be up , yes I agree , but as soon as Allison has a few games under his belt he should be up as well and not cause of your big bully story . Put them together as a playmaker and as a shooter .

The fact that he plays big is a plus not a minus ffs , he wins board battles forces turnovers and get it to his line mates . He has good speed and seems defensively responsible .

There isn't a single line in my post that "shits" on Allison. Take a lap.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Huh? He literally didn't shit on Allison in any way. He didn't even mention his pros or cons or say he shouldn't be on the team.

All he said is that Allison automatically wins in a head-to-head vs smol boi Frost in the coaches eyes because he's big and tough. Which, based on this staffs history, is a perfectly believable claim.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
There isn't a single line in my post that "shits" on Allison. Take a lap.
Your wining about 8 game sample size squacking about being a big bully as his reason for a call up what do you expect

I can see you are just trying to take shots at deadly and his defending of the brass which I fully get . But Laczynski Frost and Allison have all proven to me that they are an improvement over what we have and I hope to see all of them up hear asap .

It's game time now .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad