Post-Game Talk (GBU): W1

Deleted member 27798

I didn't catch much, but seemed like quite a bit of AngryMyers towards the end there. I like seeing that.

You mean at the end of the game when he took a shove at one of Montreal's midget forwards? Come talk to me when he does that to Prust, Weise or someone else not afraid to drop the gloves. He does not let instincts take over in that situation ever. He is always very calculating prior to confronting an opposing player in an after the whistle scrum. He is a gigantic, injury prone, non-physical player whose offensive game has disappeared slowly over the last 3 years.

Murray would be smart to trade him at the deadline or in the offseason.

flyingpig

Pay the Troll Toll
May 26, 2006
Pay the troll toll
I was baffled when Nolan chose to scratch Hodgson coming off his best two games of the year. He has looked fine the last four. Myers looked great.

We got absolutely dominated in the third. I was shocked we held on.

Paul Hamilton said yesterday that Nolan was furious at Hodgson because he skated away from a pass in the neutral zone in Calgary that lead to the puck being intercepted and an odd man rush goal.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Paul Hamilton said yesterday that Nolan was furious at Hodgson because he skated away from a pass in the neutral zone in Calgary that lead to the puck being intercepted and an odd man rush goal.

It was in Nolan's post-game after the Flames game too. Not by name, but by situation.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
You mean at the end of the game when he took a shove at one of Montreal's midget forwards? Come talk to me when he does that to Prust, Weise or someone else not afraid to drop the gloves. He does not let instincts take over in that situation ever. He is always very calculating prior to confronting an opposing player in an after the whistle scrum. He is a gigantic, injury prone, non-physical player whose offensive game has disappeared slowly over the last 3 years.

Murray would be smart to trade him at the deadline or in the offseason.

Myers job is to clear the crease--Gallagher kept running the goalie but stopping short of knocking him over. He wanted to be in the crease and Myers wanted him out--and Gallagher was always bent over trying to get leverage. Hockey plays all around so your comments re Myers are a bit amiss. As to the great hit on Myers for the goal? A hit to the head from behind which could easily have been called a penalty. Myers was smart not to retaliate early in a close game. Only an idiot takes a stupid retaliation penalty in those circumstances. If Prust or Weise wants to fight then they can run at Stewart or DesLaurier...

Deleted member 27798

Myers job is to clear the crease--Gallagher kept running the goalie but stopping short of knocking him over. He wanted to be in the crease and Myers wanted him out--and Gallagher was always bent over trying to get leverage. Hockey plays all around so your comments re Myers are a bit amiss. As to the great hit on Myers for the goal? A hit to the head from behind which could easily have been called a penalty. Myers was smart not to retaliate early in a close game. Only an idiot takes a stupid retaliation penalty in those circumstances. If Prust or Weise wants to fight then they can run at Stewart or DesLaurier...
I wasn't talking about fighting. Just stating that if it was Prust or Weise in the crease instead of Gallagher, Myers would have been standing there doing nothing, instead of giving him that same shove/aggressiveness that he used against Gallagher.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
That is unfair and untrue. Myers would have tried to move them out. Whether he has the strength/leverage might be in doubt but the same can be said for Montreal D trying to clear stewart or Des out.

ZeroPT*

I remember in the lock out year when Myers spent a good 2 minutes of a PP trying to get Gallagher out of the crease and couldn't.

Oh Myers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad