W Will Vote - USNTDP, USHL (2023 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really small and doesn’t skate that well, but elite scoring instincts. He finds space so well, almost like a Cole Caufield. He also shoots it pretty well to go along with the scoring positions he finds. Think of him like Caufield, but worse skating and not quite as good of a scorer.

He will need a set-up man, and there are going to be size/speed/defense questions for him. He’s very one-dimensional, and not with some crazy goal history like Caufield or even the same level of talent. I think a team will take him though somewhere from the 2nd-4th round next season. I’d probably split the difference and initially peg a third round range.

Committed to play for Boston College for the 23-24 season.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
Really small and doesn’t skate that well, but elite scoring instincts. He finds space so well, almost like a Cole Caufield. He also shoots it pretty well to go along with the scoring positions he finds. Think of him like Caufield, but worse skating and not quite as good of a scorer.

He will need a set-up man, and there are going to be size/speed/defense questions for him. He’s very one-dimensional, and not with some crazy goal history like Caufield or even the same level of talent. I think a team will take him though somewhere from the 2nd-4th round next season. I’d probably split the difference and initially peg a third round range.

Committed to play for Boston College for the 23-24 season.

I stopped reading at ‘small and doesnt skate well’ :)

shit ..it was even worse ..‘REALLY small…’

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Now listed at 5’8, so that’s up from 5’7 last year. If he can continue growing before the combine, I think that’ll help his draft stock.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I don’t care about the size. If I’m head of scouting, I’m am drafting Will Vote. I really hope he doesn’t go undrafted. I love this guy. He’s gritty, he’s smart, and he works hard every shift.

He is a great complementary player on Oliver Moore and Danny Nelson’s line. He’s earned every minute he plays and he makes the most of it. Always in great position. Big fan.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
8 points in 9 USHL games. 22 points in 27 of his other games. Pretty solid production. I think I saw him listed at 2nd line RW in their last game.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
8 points in 9 USHL games. 22 points in 27 of his other games. Pretty solid production. I think I saw him listed at 2nd line RW in their last game.
When he first started the season he was on the third line in a defensive/grinding role with Ryan Fine and either Weiermair or Cerrato in the middle (I can’t remember anymore) and he just worked his way up the lineup.

He has really earned every opportunity he’s gotten. High IQ and versatile player.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Can Philly get him and Will Smith? He can wear 4 and create the greatest duo in history: Will Vote 4 Will Smith

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
He has all the makings of a really versatile bottom of the lineup NHLer. He’s been really good up on the 2nd line with Hagens and Eiserman. He can kill penalties, has a really high motor, can get gritty in the corners. For him, it’ll be a matter if he can bulk up and get strong enough to be a 3rd or 4th liner in the NHL. I think he’s closer to 5’7” then the 5’8” he’s listed at with the NTDP but we’ll see what he comes in at when final height and weights are listed for the draft. I don’t know if he’ll get invited to the NHL combine but I hope he does just to see what his measurements are

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad