W Tomas Jurco (2011, 35th overall, Detroit)

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
One more time

This is really good highlight reel move, Jurco´s shootout goal for Sea Dogs in the QMJHL:

Mountainside

Oct 25, 2009
He's a very creative young player that loves to score goals. Great personality, just loves to play hockey.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Oh boy oh boy. I have to admit I was pleased when I read those replies which said he might go early in the first round. We had no first rounders last year and Tatar and Panik pretty much barely squeezed into the second round. Not that draft position has that much to do with how players do in the NHL (especially Slovakian ones).

Sooooo, I am unable to watch him play, anyone who watched him play in NA junior leagues got a scouting report?

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Here are the highlights from games 1 and 2. Jurco with 5 goals including both winners.

Weiwuer

Sep 2, 2010
Oh boy oh boy. I have to admit I was pleased when I read those replies which said he might go early in the first round. We had no first rounders last year and Tatar and Panik pretty much barely squeezed into the second round. Not that draft position has that much to do with how players do in the NHL (especially Slovakian ones).

Sooooo, I am unable to watch him play, anyone who watched him play in NA junior leagues got a scouting report?

Good shot, picks spots very well, nose for goals, good 1on1

Poor playmaking ability, needs to bulk up, not overly physical, not the fastest skater, his game w/o the puck is lacking.

Potential : a second line winger

Last edited:

alex20wild

May 27, 2010
Halifax
Thomas Jurco

The next marian gaborik, but with more physicality and a better shot and better net presence.

i think if he transfers to the ohl hes the next 1rst overall in 2012 hands down

opinions?

DaFranzenator

May 10, 2009
????
Well since I"m here first, I'll be the spelling Nazi, its....Tomas not Thomas ;)

And to answer your question, yes, obviously he's extremely talented but the Gaborik comparison's might need to wait a bit until he has played an entire season of hockey at least.

alex20wild

May 27, 2010
Halifax
really tomas? on all his youtube vids it thomas, oh well... hes gonna be better then gaborik, hes got gaboriks explosive speed, but at 16 last year most of his goals came from standing infront, he has impressive strengh. this guy is special

alex20wild

May 27, 2010
Halifax
He's starting to look like a top pick for 2011. He's in my top 15 right now.

heres the problem, hes not in the 2011 draft, hes 2012... and hes gonna be first overall if he were to go play in the ohl, this kid is amazing but lets fface it, d in the Q is weak, i think he could rip it up in the ohl and his draft stock will rise. people are always worried about forwards from the Q, example: claude giroux.

Weiwuer

Sep 2, 2010
really tomas? on all his youtube vids it thomas, oh well... hes gonna be better then gaborik, hes got gaboriks explosive speed, but at 16 last year most of his goals came from standing infront, he has impressive strengh. this guy is special

He doesn't have Gaborik's explosiveness, sorry.

Weiwuer

Sep 2, 2010
heres the problem, hes not in the 2011 draft, hes 2012... and hes gonna be first overall if he were to go play in the ohl, this kid is amazing but lets fface it, d in the Q is weak, i think he could rip it up in the ohl and his draft stock will rise. people are always worried about forwards from the Q, example: claude giroux.

He's eligible for 2011 draft.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

Not only is he 2011 eligible, he's already in the Q, and has been since last year. So yeah...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad