W Tobias Lindberg (2013, 102nd, OTT; 2016 traded, TOR)

jayck

Aug 5, 2013
Montreal
I don't think there is any topic about him in this section and I want to know why?
He's big. He had good numbers this year for a 4th rounder AND for a first year playing in NA Hockey.
Is it only because he was playing in a boosted team or is there a good potential with this guy?

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't think there is any topic about him in this section and I want to know why?
He's big. He had good numbers this year for a 4th rounder AND for a first year playing in NA Hockey.
Is it only because he was playing in a boosted team or is there a good potential with this guy?

He got a hatty in the first period of the game today. Kudos to him.

Also, 2013 draft is looking pretty good, right? It's a little odd to see so many good players come out of a recent draft. I mean, most of them aren't in the NHL yet, but it is shaping up to be a very good draft year IMO.

Don't mean to derail the topic. I did watch his goals though. Nice slapper top corner on the third one. 6'3 200 (pretty much). Plus his name is Tobias. Pick looks good.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
He also skates like the wind.

Has questionable hockey sense... can't really tell if he's just benefiting from his team being so good.

That said, a good pick for the 4th rounder, for sure.

jayck

Aug 5, 2013
Montreal
Yeah because the only thing I read about him is that he's very good but miss a little hockey IQ. But hey he could end up being a big finisher in the league, no ?!

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Yeah because the only thing I read about him is that he's very good but miss a little hockey IQ. But hey he could end up being a big finisher in the league, no ?!

It's hit or miss he could be a Stalberg and I guess that would be seen as a success? Or Kreider if he develops well. Both don't have highest hockey IQ but could thrive in right environment and be effective.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I've seen him a dozen times tops, so maybe I'm way off, but the guy kind of reminds of Alex Chiasson. I don't know if his scoring will translate to the NHL, but I could easily see him carving out a career as a 3rd liner. He's looking like a good pick considering where he went in the draft.

jayck

Aug 5, 2013
Montreal
It's hit or miss he could be a Stalberg and I guess that would be seen as a success? Or Kreider if he develops well. Both don't have highest hockey IQ but could thrive in right environment and be effective.

Yeah but Kreider plays a hard in your nose game. Does Lindberg plays like that ?
Also, like almost every sweden players, I guess that his defensive game may be good too ?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Yeah but Kreider plays a hard in your nose game. Does Lindberg plays like that ?
Also, like almost every sweden players, I guess that his defensive game may be good too ?

He doesn't shy away from traffic but I haven't seen him initiate physical play much. His last season in J20 in Sweden he had quite a few PIMS though so dunno where those came from.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
What did people think of his tournament? His skating was terrific. Not just straight line similar to guys like krieder and Greening but his agility and ability to stop on a dime and weave in and out.

He wasnt used as much as guys like Cassels and Dal Colle but had good numbers.

Defensively he looks like a work in progress to me but his offensive talents are great combined with his size. He actually looks like a much smaller player just in terms of his skating and agility.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
What did people think of his tournament? His skating was terrific. Not just straight line similar to guys like krieder and Greening but his agility and ability to stop on a dime and weave in and out.

He wasnt used as much as guys like Cassels and Dal Colle but had good numbers.

Defensively he looks like a work in progress to me but his offensive talents are great combined with his size. He actually looks like a much smaller player just in terms of his skating and agility.

He reminds me a lot of Puempel. I see his potential as a middle-6 winger.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Intriguing player with a very advanced skill set.

6'3, excellent skater, shoots the puck very well, and showed a surprising amount of skill and playmaking ability for a guy who has been thought of as a future bottom 6er.

Seems like the type of prospect that will translate well to the next level. Hard to put a finger on his potential as a scorer at the next level. Will be interesting to follow his development in Binghamton next season.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
The new top prospect in the NHL.

Jokes aside 22 pts in 34 games ain't bad for a 20 yr old AHL rookie. Excited to see what he can do on Nylanders wing.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He's got a slick skillset.

I liked what I saw from him at the rookie tournament this year.

Having issues adapting it to the AHL thus far.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
The new top prospect in the NHL.

Jokes aside 22 pts in 34 games ain't bad for a 20 yr old AHL rookie. Excited to see what he can do on Nylanders wing.

Exactly, what he can do with Nylander at centre is the question

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Same age and draft year as Andres Johnson.

Post draft
Lindberg - SuperElit - 22 pts in 38 games
Johnson - SuperElit - 5 pts in 4 games -> SHL - 24 pts in 44 games
Draft +2
Lindberg - OHL - 78 pts in 67 games
Johnson - SHL - 35 pts in 55 games
Draft +3
Lindberg - AHL - 22 pts in 34 games
Johnson - SHL - 37 pts in 42 games

Clearly a cut behind Johnson offensively. Got 4 inches on him and about 20lbs. Don't know anything else about Lindberg yet.

Both will be in the AHL with the Marlies next year.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Lindberg impressed me a lot during last year Memorial Cup.

I could see a middle sixer with size and speed in him. Could be a great wild card for TOR in the Phaneuf trade.

uncle blazer

Apr 24, 2015
Toronto, ON
Exactly, what he can do with Nylander at centre is the question

Its not like he was doing poorly before though, he's still having a good rookie season. Kempe, Barbashev, Petan, Goldobin, Peca, and many more rookies are right there with him production wise. You're right though I'm interested in seeing him with Nylander too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad