W Petter Mäkitalo - Skelleftea, SWE Jnr (2015 undrafted)

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
He is a sniper that works hard. He looked like the most promising forward in the big tournament Tv-pucken that is held every year for 16-year olds in Sweden. Basicly he looks like the most promising swedish forward among the 96-born right now (or at least one of them). Scored 13 goals in 8 games in Tv-pucken and continued scoring when the opposition was better in the playoffs.

Other standouts was 97-born d-men Oliver Kylington, big and creative d-man, good both ways. Erik Flood smaller d-man that skated really well and did some crazy rushes. William Nylander that had some serious skills (dunno if he will chose USA or Sweden). Well and some more kids. But Mäkitalo was very interesting, a natural sniper type, always there at the right time at the right place.

Botta

Jul 12, 2010
What can you guys tell me about him?

He's 14 and some follower of Skelleftea told me to keep my eyes open for him.

Is he related to Jarmo or Kari Makitalo?I know Jarmo played in Sweden and Kari played for Rosenborg(Norway) in the 80`s

His Beardliness*

He's the son of Kari Mäkitalo.

Definitely a guy to watch for the future.

He is a sniper that works hard. He looked like the most promising forward in the big tournament Tv-pucken that is held every year for 16-year olds in Sweden. Basicly he looks like the most promising swedish forward among the 96-born right now (or at least one of them). Scored 13 goals in 8 games in Tv-pucken and continued scoring when the opposition was better in the playoffs.

Other standouts was 97-born d-men Oliver Kylington, big and creative d-man, good both ways. Erik Flood smaller d-man that skated really well and did some crazy rushes. William Nylander that had some serious skills (dunno if he will chose USA or Sweden). Well and some more kids. But Mäkitalo was very interesting, a natural sniper type, always there at the right time at the right place.

TV-pucken is for 15 and under now. This years tournament was for the '96 born so it was Petters last year of eligibility. He's late born so I guess he is draft eligible for 2015.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
Stop stealing our players you damn Swedes! :rant:

Pääjärvi, Mäkitalo etc. :help:

EDIT:

PS. You're not getting Granlund.

The Saw Is the Law

Jul 31, 2010
Not really... I doubt Paarjavi and Makitalo's families have been in Sweden for centuries.

I could be totally wrong though.

Most of 'Sweden Finns' moved to Sweden between second world war and 1970's.

So I highly doubt their families have been in Sweden for centuries :)

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Paajarvi's father is swedish. His mother's grandad is from Finland. You can't even say he is a finn ethnically. Mika Zibanejad is probably more finnish than Paajarvi.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
4 months later, this kid still looking like a big deal? Most of this thread titled "Petter Mäkitalo" is discussing last names more than the actual player :laugh:

ToBBa

Mar 5, 2011
Finland
Paajarvi's father is swedish. His mother's grandad is from Finland. You can't even say he is a finn ethnically. Mika Zibanejad is probably more finnish than Paajarvi.

Actually the father of his mother (=grandpa) is from Finland..

And Zibanejad's mother is Finnish and father Iranian. So he is 50% Finn and 0% Swede.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
Actually the father of his mother (=grandpa) is from Finland..

And Zibanejad's mother is Finnish and father Iranian. So he is 50% Finn and 0% Swede.

With that logic no one in finland is really finnish your all swedish or russian, making zibanejad 25% swede and 25% russian if we're gonna be diplomatic ;))))

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
4 months later, this kid still looking like a big deal? Most of this thread titled "Petter Mäkitalo" is discussing last names more than the actual player :laugh:

He hasn't played much in the u-18 serie, just 3 games where he have 3 points. He played for Swedens u-16 team though and scored a whopping 11 goals in 5 games (15 points in total). Thats damn impressive. He beat Daniel Rydmarks 26-year old record for most goals scored for the u-16team.

Klown

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
2+8 in 12 games so far in Superelit. Not bad by any means, but it seems like he have lost his sniper skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad