Rumor: W Nylander to NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
William Nylander at age 19 put up 13 points in 22 games on the Leafs tank roster that finished dead last a few years ago. That's about a 50 point pace. And his wingers were Hyman and Parenteau. He's faced top QoC over the past 2 years as well. Nylander would be your best forward the moment the trade happened. And if you guys are smart enough to transition him to center, you could have a potential ppg center on your hands. Leafs don't want to be on the wrong side of a Seguin type trade so it'll have to be worth it or he'll just be kept. There's other ways to shed salary than losing him of all people.
I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me here? I didn't say he wouldn't be one of, or the best forward here. I said he'd be another 20 goal scorer that would probably struggle to score on our team. We're in bad shape and rebuilding. He would help and be a key piece in the future for sure, but he's not taking us out of a bottom team this season.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me here? I didn't say he wouldn't be one of, or the best forward here. I said he'd be another 20 goal scorer that would probably struggle to score on our team. We're in bad shape and rebuilding. He would help and be a key piece in the future for sure, but he's not taking us out of a bottom team this season.
Nylander's got great offensive tools, his shot is what keeps teams honest on Matthews on that line and the pp. When he's on a line with Matthews, his main option is setting up Matthews, if he were returned back to center or even on wing I could easily see him hit 30 + goals going forward. If he's going to be a ppg center it'll for sure be in the 30-50 variety.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
If I'm not mistaken isn't Skjei a LHD? Toronto needs a top 4 RHD, but either way I'd be okay with Skjei coming back to Toronto for Nylander, a nice big 6'3" 214 lbs 24 year old D with decent numbers and on a team friendly 5.2 per long term would always be a welcome addition on this team giving TO the ability to perhaps package a Gardiner for a RHD.

More than likely BS though.
Quality RD are exceedingly difficult to obtain. Leafs shouldn't hold out for one coming back for Nylander

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
The Rangers would have to re aquire Miller from Tampa for your trade to happen .

Wrong Miller.
K'Andre Miller
22nd overal pick, 6'4 D man. LHD

Kreider + McQuaid + Miller + Georgiev (need someone behind Sparks).

Like I said, id only do this if we have someone to flip other guys too including McQuaid.
If Ozi keeps showing he can play, Id move McQ at the TDL.

I think with Kreiders speed, he could look good on Matthews wing if Marleau starts to slow down/ when he retires. Kreider Matthews Kapanen would be fast AF

canucklehead44

Jun 28, 2015
I just want to say, this is terrible for the Leafs. I don't think the Rangers have a realistic piece to get a trade done with Willy.

I was asking the Rangers fan - Skjei is a lefty anyway.

Carolina could be a good partner - their D is very deep.

It’s a tricky situation as it would be horrible if we got dusted in the 1st round again due to lack of D and that would be compounded if Nylander sits out all year. That said the window is big so perhaps it is worth the risk.

canucklehead44

Jun 28, 2015
K'Andre Miller is in any deal for Nylander.

I called K’Andre Miller being one of the 1st round steals. Underrated coming out of the USHL, much like McAvoy. Can’t wait to see what this kid brings. New York is not going to give him up easy - think Dermott/Liljegren from a Leafs perspective.

HC7

May 2, 2018
I called K’Andre Miller being one of the 1st round steals. Underrated coming out of the USHL, much like McAvoy. Can’t wait to see what this kid brings.

Yeah same. He's going to be a top pairing guy. He recently switched to D and was easily the best D in the NTDP. Every advanced stat agrees.

HC7

May 2, 2018
For fun if the Rangers wanted Nylander without giving up Skeji, Kravstov, or Chytil which most fans have suggested in here it would probably be Lias Andersson, KAndre Miller, and a prospect like Joey Keane or Nils Lundqvist.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
I called K’Andre Miller being one of the 1st round steals. Underrated coming out of the USHL, much like McAvoy. Can’t wait to see what this kid brings. New York is not going to give him up easy - think Dermott/Liljegren from a Leafs perspective.

Also keep in mind, NYR traded up, burning a 2nd round pick, to make sure they got him. They *really* wanted him.

canucklehead44

Jun 28, 2015
Also keep in mind, NYR traded up, burning a 2nd round pick, to make sure they got him. They *really* wanted him.

If he fell to the second round I would have burned a 3rd to get him any day. Although I like Jett Woo as well, he is much more of a gamble. I think Miller is the real deal.

HC7

May 2, 2018
Kreider is 27 and has never scored 30 goals, what am I missing? He's being made out to be some massive prolific goal scorer. Pump the breaks.

He wouldn't be a main piece in a trade for Nylander. He'd be able to return a good young package at the deadline which would be what NYR should value. A prospect and a pick, not a 22 year old already better than himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad