W Nikita Shashkov - Sibir Novosibirsk, KHL (2017 Undrafted)

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Cue the owls. Cue the crickets. WHOO?

Nikita Shashkov at eliteprospects.com

I've seen a few of his games this year in the KHL, and while I know Sibir is a terrible team without much talent, I'm constantly amazed with the Kravtsov's and Shashkov's (different talent tier, but hear me out) of the world who help lead the offensive charge on their teams as teenagers.

The skating's there, the playmaking is there, he's got a great shot. What I love most about him is the tenacity and passion in which he plays. He has Ovi's motor without the topend talent, the showboating and character of this guy is amazing. He's a fun player to root for.

363cde1475c8087920684efb37620bc2.jpg

This is one of those late blooming Russians to keep an eye on in the next few seasons especially if he moves to a better team, and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the WJC team (Currently I'm the only one on the WJC Russian U20 thread to be talking about him or even mention him on the roster, but he did make the prelims).

For the statjunkies, "He has 2 goals in 13 games as a 19 year old, so what?", he's currently playing on the worst team in the KHL, which has scored the 2nd fewest goals this season. His linemates all season long have been very bad. Watch this guy play, he is creating a ton of offense and playing a North American brand of hockey. Typically I am watching the other team when I catch a Sibir game, but even when he's not scoring, this player catches my eye. Keep him on your radar, and remember the name!

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I was sitting in a row with 2 NHL scouts, and directed them to this thread when they were surprised I knew who Shashkov's typical linemates were for Sibir.

Told them I started the thread. :laugh:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I was sitting in a row with 2 NHL scouts, and directed them to this thread when they were surprised I knew who Shashkov's typical linemates were for Sibir.

Told them I started the thread. :laugh:

You think most scouts are aware of and read hfboards?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad