RW Matvei Michkov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2023 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Матвей Мичков

An article about Matvei (alas, in Russian), and it says nobody before this season could score even 40 goals/season in Moscow Open Championship for 14-15 year old. Michkov scored 55 in just 21 games (he missed 6 games).

Ovi once scored 59 goals, but it was for 11-12 yo group, where it's easier to score goals.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Played a couple of games in Russia 04 camp for Russia Red vs Russia White, scored 4+1, Russia Red scored 6 goals overall, so he took part in 5 of them. And he probably was one of the youngest players on the ice.

Played at Sirius Cup for Central Federal District as well, scored only 3+2 in 4 games, but his team scored just 10 goals in 5 games and was the worst at the tournament. Russia 04 won it, btw.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
He'll leave to North America at 16 or 17 and its career over for him.

Russia will not develop any great players anymore because of this.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
0 points in two games or didn’t even play

Yeah, probably didn't play. His Loko's linemate Perevalov scored 4 points in 1st game, but Michkov didn't play with him. Well, he's still only 14, so maybe there is some kind of age restriction at the tournament, or he's just injured.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Keeps destroying Moscow Championship for 2004 year born. 8+3 after 3 games. The next best scorer on his team, Perevalov (played for Russia U16 btw), is 3+3. The next best scorer of the tournament, Dolzhenkov (one of the Russian top prospects for this age), is 3+4.

And don't forget Michkov is a late 2004 player, he was born on December, 9th. He's 7 months younger, than both Dolzhenkov and Perevalov.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Keeps destroying Moscow Championship for 2004 year born. 8+3 after 3 games. The next best scorer on his team, Perevalov (played for Russia U16 btw), is 3+3. The next best scorer of the tournament, Dolzhenkov (one of the Russian top prospects for this age), is 3+4.

And don't forget Michkov is a late 2004 player, he was born on December, 9th. He's 7 months younger, than both Dolzhenkov and Perevalov.

Nice. But how good is this Championship? Can he play in MHL?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Nice. But how good is this Championship? Can he play in MHL?

Moscow Championship is one of the top pre-MHL tournaments in Russia, so it's on par with Canadians best pre-CHL leagues. As to MHL, the kid is still 14 year old, he won't be able to play in the MHL before he's 16.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Currently sits at 12+6 in 4 games after Loko-2004 smashed Khimik 7:0.

So he was 4+3 in that game. I mean, just crazy. If it keeps going this way, he'll probably become Makarov level player. He's isn't big, but very good skater and stickhandler, and he's a winger as well.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The most remarkable thing about him, he's just 5'9, 157 lb, which is actually ok for a 14 yo kid, but nothing especial. So you can't say, he dominates his peers by a sheer physical power. Unlike Dolzhenkov, who's already 6'6, 198 lb.

It's just crazy, how many 6'6 players are amongst NHLers currently? Not a lot, and Dolzhenkov is 15 yo kid. I bet, he'll be popular amongst NHL scouts in 2022. He's probably going to be Chara big at age 20, but being a forward. You don't even have to be a good skater with such a frame. All it takes just to have good hands and decent IQ and then you go and screen goalies, and nobody will stop you.

But, as I said, Michkov is different and he owns kids like Dolzhenkov badly.

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
1+5 against top CSKA team, 13+11 in only 5 games. Amazing season for him so far.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
1+5 against top CSKA team, 13+11 in only 5 games. Amazing season for him so far.

Yeah, pitty they don't allow 14 yo to play in the MHL. They should, at least, let him play for 2003 team. Btw, Miroshnichenko has 2+2 after 4 games in 2003 tournament.

His full game vs CSKA. Michkov is 39. Considering all his faceoffs, he plays C position, btw. If he's a center, with all his talent NHL scouts will go crazy about him... of course, if he keeps playing like this in 2023. Ok, he's a winger, who sometimes does faceoffs, I don't know, why. Overall, I'd say, he wasn't that dominant, and couple of his assists were a pure luck, especially on their 3rd goal, one of the flukiest one I've ever seen, but two of his assists were very good. And he scored a nice goal.

Last edited:

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Yeah, pitty they don't allow 14 yo to play in the MHL. They should, at least, let him play for 2003 team. Btw, Miroshnichenko has 2+2 after 4 games in 2003 tournament.

His full game vs CSKA. Michkovv is 39. Considering all his faceoffs, he plays C position, btw. If he's a center, with all his talent NHL scouts will go crazy about him... of course, if he keeps playing like this in 2023. Ok, he's a winger, who sometimes does faceoffs, I don't know, why. Overall, I'd say, he wasn't that dominant, and couple of his assists were a pure luck, especially on their 3rd goal, one of the flukiest one I've ever seen, but two of his assists were very good. And he scored a nice goal.

Thanks for this. #39 in red, correct?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

His full game vs CSKA. Michkovv is 39. Considering all his faceoffs, he plays C position, btw. If he's a center, with all his talent NHL scouts will go crazy about him... of course, if he keeps playing like this in 2023. Ok, he's a winger, who sometimes does faceoffs, I don't know, why. Overall, I'd say, he wasn't that dominant, and couple of his assists were a pure luck, especially on their 3rd goal, one of the flukiest one I've ever seen, but two of his assists were very good. And he scored a nice goal.

His skating is through the roof better than anybody's in this vid. Hopefully the coaches start telling him to not try live off his strengths, but to work on his weaknesses. If he relies too much on his superior skating, he might have a rude awakeing against better, older opposition. Also time to learn to play defence. He is not paying much attention to other team's defencemen in the own zone(I know he is 14 alright).

He is special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad