News Article: w/CAR loss what is value of their 2020 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Unknown if they're going by standard rules, or if DAL counts as a "division winner" since they made the RTP round robin.

By my count: If yes, then it should be 20-24 right now. If no, it is 21-24 right now.

ARI losing means one team higher than CAR is guaranteed to make WCF.

The other WCF slot is tricky due to how they're counting DAL.

The ECF we're rooting for is MTL/NYI. If MTL loses their series, then one team higher than CAR is guaranteed to make ECF.

My gut feeling is that the CAR pick will be 22OA.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They dropped their series earlier.
As of 8:30pm EST today Wed, what is value slotted to this pick?

What has to happen for it to go to best case scenario which is 20OA, right?

thanks in adv
90-95 percent chance it's either 23 or 24. Honestly hope we keep it we traded a pretty valuable pick at 20 last year.

Reactions: CasusBelli

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
90-95 percent chance it's either 23 or 24. Honestly hope we keep it we traded a pretty valuable pick at 20 last year.
The only way we trade it if it’s a part of getting a real number 2 Center or we trade up

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Unknown if they're going by standard rules, or if DAL counts as a "division winner" since they made the RTP round robin.

The main reason I don’t think this is the case is because of the way they handled the top 15 picks. The qualifying round and RR were not the playoffs and their implication for the draft was exactly as if those 15 teams were the 15 teams who missed. Given that, I don’t see why they would’ve changed the way they determine the rest of the draft order.

Aside from the two phase lottery, everything else has been standard rules.

Reactions: Irishguy42

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The main reason I don’t think this is the case is because of the way they handled the top 15 picks. The qualifying round and RR were not the playoffs and their implication for the draft was exactly as if those 15 teams were the 15 teams who missed. Given that, I don’t see why they would’ve changed the way they determine the rest of the draft order.

Aside from the two phase lottery, everything else has been standard rules.
Yeah, that's my thinking as well. Keep everything the same, but using PTS% instead or PTS.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, that's my thinking as well. Keep everything the same, but using PTS% instead or PTS.

Yep. Which means the Bruins, Capitals, Blues, and Knights are your division winners.

Btw, it’s hilarious. I only saw this thread because @aufheben quoted a post of mine from another thread. And I can only get back to it because people are interacting with my posts. :laugh:

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
IMO, I think the pick will be moved. Use it in a trade for a middle-six center, defender who can play the left side, or way to dump salary (Smith).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad