FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
1436773337794.jpg

First thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1649767

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Has not played for San Antonio since the WJC. He apparently is nursing an upper body injury. Would not be surprised he was playing hurt in the Tourney.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Has not played for San Antonio since the WJC. He apparently is nursing an upper body injury. Would not be surprised he was playing hurt in the Tourney.

Or some kind of accident happened when they celebrated the victory.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Or some kind of accident happened when they celebrated the victory.

I very much doubt this. The celebrating has been said to be very civilized compared to some previous Finnish teams celebrations. Vellu Ketola made the guys go to sleep relatively earlier even during the 1st celebration evening. He also advised them to not get pissed drunk while celebrating. I understood that the boys really took the advice very well from the the long time heavy partying national team player, whom became an absolutist already tens of years ago.

I have also understood that Rantanen is not particularly into heavy partying. Ok, I guess anything is still possible. I still find it easier to believe that he really had an upper body injury during the tournament. Otherwise it is hard to understand how he was such a shadow of his usual self during most of the tournament.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
That would make sense when Rantanen unperformed playing with Hintz and Kapanen.

He under-performed? He was the best player for the Finns in the last two games of the tournament, I wonder how many assists would he have if not for Hintz and his complete lack of finishing ability, guy missed one glorious chance after another.

Don Corleone

Jul 9, 2013
You all got it wrong!

I have insider knowledge that after finally fulfilling his childhood dream of taking home the U20 gold he has decided it is best to retire and make a killing getting that AHL money for 2 more years and use it to build a house somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Lapland and live the rest of his life as a loner chopping wood and hunting reindeer while looking like DiCaprio in The Revenant.

jaa

Oct 24, 2013
You all got it wrong!

I have insider knowledge that after finally fulfilling his childhood dream of taking home the U20 gold he has decided it is best to retire and make a killing getting that AHL money for 2 more years and use it to build a house somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Lapland and live the rest of his life as a loner chopping wood and hunting reindeer while looking like DiCaprio in The Revenant.

It is prohibited to hunt reindeer, they are herded animals:shakehead

On to the topic: any idea when Rantanen will be playing again?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
After tonight's game for the Avs, he'll no longer be able to start the UFA clock this season. Gotta think he gets called up after the AHL allstar game.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Hat trick tonight in (edit) second game back. Had an assist last night in his first game back.

Surely cannot be held down in the AHL much longer?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rantanen 3+0
Laine 3+0
Saarela 1+1
Puljujärvi 1+1
Kapanen 1+1
Aho 0+1

Not a bad Saturday for the Finns.

This is why Finland won the WJC's. No team could match that group of forwards, with those six doing most of the scoring.

Canada and USA probably had as many high draft picks forwards competing at the WJC's, but the production in the WJC's of those players and now the production with their hockey clubs is as good any of those countries.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
This is why Finland won the WJC's. No team could match that group of forwards, with those six doing most of the scoring.

Canada and USA probably had as many high draft picks forwards competing at the WJC's, but the production in the WJC's of those players and now the production with their hockey clubs is as good any of those countries.
Yeah and I forgot Nättinen 0+2 and Lammikko 0+2. But who cares, those 6 play in a mens league. :)

Rantanen is awesome btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad