Prospect Info: Vsevolod Komarov, RD Drummondville (QMJHL) - 134th overall in 2022 (Signed)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Saint John continuing the fine tradition of pettiness in the three stars as they lose and yet manage to give the first and third star to Sea Dogs.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
St. John really struggling - just had a bouncing puck go in off the goalie, then a defenseman. It's 8-1 now.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Rough night for the Volts - almost doubling Sherbrooke in shots but now down 4-1 in the third. Komarov with an assist on the only Volts goal so far.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
After going up 3-0, the Volts wind up losing 4-3 so that series is now 3-2 in Drummondville's favor. Komarov was on for most of the goals for both teams.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I still think he's got a bit of McNabb in most things but the violence. His skating is odd looking for sure, but he moves better than McNabb did at that stage IMO. Strong positional play in his own zone, good stick, leans on people with his size and will leverage people out of the way but also capable to snap the biscuit around to get it to safety. Offensively, he's smart about jumping up in the play and as the highlight above shows, he can demand the puck for a heavy shot. He gets pucks around the net for others to extend plays.

With him and Strbak, there is certainly hope for the future right side. It's not as high end in terms of prospects, but there are people coming.

Reactions: Gabrielor

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I still think he's got a bit of McNabb in most things but the violence. His skating is odd looking for sure, but he moves better than McNabb did at that stage IMO. Strong positional play in his own zone, good stick, leans on people with his size and will leverage people out of the way but also capable to snap the biscuit around to get it to safety. Offensively, he's smart about jumping up in the play and as the highlight above shows, he can demand the puck for a heavy shot. He gets pucks around the net for others to extend plays.

With him and Strbak, there is certainly hope for the future right side. It's not as high end in terms of prospects, but there are people coming.
I'd argue it's better on fit.

Strbak was such a smart, precise pick for what they need.

Komarov is a booming late rounder. Ditto Novikov. You need some guys to do the dirty work, because it's what the current team is missing.

I like him, so don't take this as I hate the player, but if we draft Parekh, sure, he's a high end RD. He also doesn't bring what ails them. (I'd still pick him easily if he was the only one of the 6 big D left)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad