Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 2.19.50 PM.png

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Bruins? Ugh. Can we just forfeit? :laugh:

(I'm in quite the pessimistic mood today)

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

I think sooner or later the Jets are going to need a 4 line contribution. Especially on a condensed road trip. Without a speedster the checking line is going to be a lot of dump and chase. Vesalainen gets the promotion, Harkins gets the demotion. I hope Svetchnikov gets in over Poganski.

Any word on defense yet? Once Wheeler comes off LTIR somebody is getting demoted to the taxi squad or the AHL, you would think? Jets will only be able to carry 21 + Ehlers under the Cap, and then have taxi/emergency callups. This would seem like a good time to put Beaulieu on waivers, if you need more manoeuvring.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think sooner or later the Jets are going to need a 4 line contribution. Especially on a condensed road trip. Without a speedster the checking line is going to be a lot of dump and chase. Vesalainen gets the promotion, Harkins gets the demotion. I hope Svetchnikov gets in over Poganski.

Any word on defense yet? Once Wheeler comes off LTIR somebody is getting demoted to the taxi squad or the AHL, you would think? Jets will only be able to carry 21 + Ehlers under the Cap, and then have taxi/emergency callups. This would seem like a good time to put Beaulieu on waivers, if you need more manoeuvring.

Didn't Ehelers get put o LTIR? That should give us enough cap space for now.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Didn't Ehelers get put o LTIR? That should give us enough cap space for now.

No just IR, which is probably 2 weeks. I just saw it on Cap Friendly this is the Jets opportunity to waive Beaulieu and pickup Kyle Turris on waivers.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
No just IR, which is probably 2 weeks. I just saw it on Cap Friendly this is the Jets opportunity to waive Beaulieu and pickup Kyle Turris on waivers.

Gotcha, must not be as bad as Wheeler's injury then which is great news.

Yeah I'd wave Beau as well. Does Turris really add anything? He's been pretty bad for a couple of years now. Granted that might just be because its Edmonton but I haven't been super impressed with him in 4 years now.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Gotcha, must not be as bad as Wheeler's injury then which is great news.

Yeah I'd wave Beau as well. Does Turris really add anything? He's been pretty bad for a couple of years now. Granted that might just be because its Edmonton but I haven't been super impressed with him in 4 years now.

I can't answer that one either. Pretty steep decline for a guy who was the #1 C in the ECF Sens team, and #2 centre for the Preds for a couple of years.

My shorthand calculations came out with the cost of waiving Beaulieu and replacing him with Turris at this point of the season, as $240 000 more than we would pay Beaulieu for the rest of the season.

Still I think something is going to happen. I'm not sure how much the Jets saved in Cap space with Wheeler being on LTIR but they were pressed to the Cap before. Which affects Samberg in particular, as he tries to make the team. Just saw Ehlers put on LTIR when Wheeler came off it, so that gives the Jets some roster flexibility for the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: surixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad