Post-Game Talk (GBU): Vs. CGY - Stickgate

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Yea I remember when a few thought Larsson was a AHL scrub who will never be an effective NHLer. Good times good times.

I am very happy at goe he has turned out, but it seems like the play in the offensive zone dies on his stick. As long as he is a third/ fourth line center, everything is gucci

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
these games aren't supposed to be funny, but they are

nice to have bounces work our way for once. spoke too early about franson.. he **** the bed again.

not sure anything really changed other than them showing heart. if they can do this against a rested line-up I'll be happy.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
G- Taped the game, took mom to birthday dinner and spend quality time with the fiance before starting and wasnt bored to death watching a taped game after ignoring my phone all night to keep it honest. Best of all worlds.
-Sam's passing
-Carrier...still
-McCabe...I;ve always been a huge supporter but at this point if/when fully healthy Bogo anchors the 3rd pairing for me...hes the real deal
-Kane...best game this year he was buzzing
-Lehner was solid
-Fedun...please stay

B- Foligno had a great game on ice which is where it matters but his lack of sticking up for himself/teammates is odd. He had multiple chances at Matt and Bennett and walked away. Then in postgame called out Matt a bit...very unlike him. Wasn't overly physical today either but I guess scoreboard speaks louder...
-Franson grenading that 4-1 goal
-Is Gionta on this team or alive or...has to be the most unnoticeable player and least talked about guy of the year. Again not saying he did anything bad so to speak but where is he lol?
-on the same page...has Girgs officially stagnated?

U-Brouwer and Calgary giving up the PP chances

Honestly hard to be legit mad about anything tonight other than Matt taking that elbow at Foligno...great game to watch and put a ton of line pairing questions into my head when we are healthy...

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Can we please see a Larsson-Carrier duo just once please? Talk about two guys who play an annoying type of game for the other teams.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Forgot the game was on when I got home, so I only got to see the highlights. Looked like they had a good second period and lots of really good chances. Okposo, Larsson, Reinhart and Foligno all looked like they had good games.

Hopefully ROR on Wednesday!

BGoffy

Nov 11, 2016
Our best players are soon back.Then lets see what we have,we are only a couple points out surprisingly

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Happy for the win but Calgary sucks and was playing three in four. Detroit is another we need to close. Buffalo had a lay up tonight, looked shaky in first, but closed it out. Team did what it had to do.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Its been great to see the player Foligno has turned into. It started mid season last year. A reminder that it takes time for most prospects, particularly power forwards.

It's not the same level of course but I remember watching Marcus and Nick playing at Littleton back when they were squirts and peewees (Mike was Asst coach for the Avalanche at the time) and Marcus used to want to be be a force on the ice just like his older brother would regularly display. His current level of intensity and work ethic reminds me of how he could dominate portions of games as a youth.

Geez.... I am really getting old.......:help::(

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
G- won a game they are supposed to win!
- 4 goals :D
- Muffin!
- all the power-play goals, nice when bad refs help the Sabres
- Eliot was awful
- Lehner didn't implode after the 2nd goal
- Bylsma power-play deserves some credit

B- can't say anything was bad except the Flames, they made Sabres look like a playoff team

Captain Holt

Fun? I was never fun! You take that back
Jul 10, 2013
Buffalo
For all you Uncle Tim haters, Larsson and Carrier are both dudes that Murray picked up when selling off our old parts.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Larsson was a Darcy pick in the Pominville trade, Carrier was Murray with Miller.

Someone in scouting definitely has an eye for middle-six forwards though, shouts to that guy. :laugh:

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Happy for the win but Calgary sucks and was playing three in four. Detroit is another we need to close. Buffalo had a lay up tonight, looked shaky in first, but closed it out. Team did what it had to do.

There are no lay ups for us - Cal O'Reilly, Falk, Fedun, Grant, Carrier, Schneider - 6 players from the AHL.

I think Carrier will be an NHLer, who knows if Fedun can become an NHL regular at 28.

Great job by the team if we are within 6 points of the wildcard by the time Eichel and ROR are back. I just want to be in the mix - nobody's going to run and hide with the wildcard, there will be 8 teams looking for those 2 spots.

Need Eichel and ROR, the defense can get by without Bogosian and Kulikov, we'll never make it without our best forwards.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Can't wait for this team to get healthy. Bylsma is going to have some tough decisions to make. Easy for us, but tough for him.

Lumpjaw

Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
(Based of the extended recap)

G: 4 GOALS!
Okposo showing the sniper in him.
Risto changing sticks.

B: No coverage on Tkachuk on second goal.
Tkachuk hit on Foligno, and then facewashing Gionta. Luckily for him he didn't deck Foligno.

U: Warrior sticks. Warrior sticks are garbage. Had a player on my team when I played juniors that broke like 8 sticks in two weeks.
Giving up a four on one on the first goal. Gotta keep the puck or get it on net.

Lock3Boys

Aug 16, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Hmmm .... who is NOT going to give Reinhart props. I can think of a couple.

Came here to say he had a heck of a game. Not sure of other vocal critics of his, but I felt this was his best game as center by far.

Great all around effort, I'm crushing on Fedun, and foligno has been an absolute beast this season. His consistency has been amazing, looks like an emerging leader on the ice. That's the type of player who thrives in the playoffs, hoping we make it soon to find out.

I left a bunch of guys out. Disappointed Nillson didn't play, but Lehner was solid.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Tonight was a good example of the type of player TM was hoping he was getting when he traded for Kane. It saddens me that we can't get that more often out of him.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Larsson was a Darcy pick in the Pominville trade, Carrier was Murray with Miller.

Someone in scouting definitely has an eye for middle-six forwards though, shouts to that guy. :laugh:

Yup and as everyone knows he also got a first rounder (Zads) that was a key part of the ROR trade. What a friggin great deal that was sending Poms out ...

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Tonight was a good example of the type of player TM was hoping he was getting when he traded for Kane. It saddens me that we can't get that more often out of him.

He hasn't been healthy, I have no doubt if he could stay healthy he'd be an impact player.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
McCabe keeps getting better and better every game.
Fedun is playing like he deserves to be on an NHL roster.

Just keep winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad