Pre-Game Talk: vs blues sunday afternoon

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Any idea what happened to Svechnikov? Just watched his last shift and I didn't see anything that looked too bad.

Maybe the slash from Schultz towards the very end?

I can’t tell anything from that. Maybe he had something ailing him and they just want to shut him down for now and heal up? Who knows.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I can’t tell anything from that. Maybe he had something ailing him and they just want to shut him down for now and heal up? Who knows.
I think it was the shift before - he was down by our bench and either his stick was broken or his opponents was

None

Feb 22, 2012
I think it was the shift before - he was down by our bench and either his stick was broken or his opponents was

Yep, I forgot about that. I didn't realize that was his second from last shift.

Kind of stumbles and then his upper body is pushed back while his lower body's still going forward.
Extra long clip because Beyak mentions that Svechnikov's getting looked at on the bench after just an 11s shift.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

Kind of stumbles and then his upper body is pushed back while his lower body's still going forward.
Extra long clip because Beyak mentions that Svechnikov's getting looked at on the bench after just an 11s shift.

Ugh I sure hope it’s not groin - will take a long time to get back to 100%

None

Feb 22, 2012
Ugh I sure hope it’s not groin - will take a long time to get back to 100%

Groin injuries can be pretty minor. He did play a full shift after that without any obvious discomfort. He does seem to favour his left leg a little bit at the end of the last shift though.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Can someone explain how putting Wheeler on IR instead of LTIR will affect the Jets roster? As far as I understand the rules you can't pool salary from IR, so the Jets are still $200 000 from being over the Cap.

Now with Svetchnikov out, the Jets have 11 forwards, and 7d, and no cap space. If anyone goes down they are forced to emergency callups, which I believe is a 9 game exemption before they either have to be added to roster, or demoted.

Makes it hard to manoeuvre for Chevy. And I wonder if the Jets end up playing games on the road with less than a full roster.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Harkins deserves a promotion to the 2nd line ahead of KV. Not sure about this decision. What a shame Svech and Gus both injured just as they were getting the opportunity.

It is strange that Vesalainen was on the ice for 2 key goals against, and Toninato was on the ice for the first, took two penalties, and looked a step behind. Meanwhile Harkins had some jump, and he is still on the 4th line. I hope that performance counts for playing time under Dave Lowry.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014

It seemed to happened as he got bumped near the bench on his way off, looked upper body, maybe shoulder,

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Can someone explain how putting Wheeler on IR instead of LTIR will affect the Jets roster? As far as I understand the rules you can't pool salary from IR, so the Jets are still $200 000 from being over the Cap.

Now with Svetchnikov out, the Jets have 11 forwards, and 7d, and no cap space. If anyone goes down they are forced to emergency callups, which I believe is a 9 game exemption before they either have to be added to roster, or demoted.

Makes it hard to manoeuvre for Chevy. And I wonder if the Jets end up playing games on the road with less than a full roster.

IR simply opens up the roster spot while LTIR also gives some salary cap relief. You might put a player on IR instead of LTIR if you don't believe you can become cap compliant again when the player returns from LTIR.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Wheezer and his ridiculous contract are like an albatross around the Jets collective neck!

The sooner they can dump him and his ridiculous contract the better, shouldn’t be hard to replace his one goal!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad