Voting: Best Players of the Anaheim Ducks 2014-2015

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
This is a voting to determine the best players of the Anaheim Ducks last season and their ranking versus each other. In order to participate, send me a PM with a list of the 5 players you think were the best on your team in the order you would rank them. The point system I am going to use: 5 points for every 1st place vote, 4 points for every 2nd place vote, 3 points for every 3rd place vote, 2 points for every 4th place vote and 1 point for every 5th place vote. Rankings posted in the thread will not be considered, PMs only. Please put "Anaheim Ducks" in the "Title" field of your message. The voting is open until Saturday, August 1st. You can still send in your ballot on that day. Don't complain if I don't count your vote when you send it in on Sunday 2nd or later.

Looking for forward to your ballots!

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Not sure how people have Fowler over Beauchemin outside of that one series. Beauchemin was a workhorse for us and the leader of our d-core. I'm still angry at Murray for not bringing him back, I think that's gonna bite us.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Beauchemin was awful the last 1/4 of the regular season and post season. I'm judging people off post season because I've had enough of regular season success

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Beauchemin was awful the last 1/4 of the regular season and post season. I'm judging people off post season because I've had enough of regular season success

He was awful in the Chicago series. Other than that he was fine. He also scored more goals than any of our d the last 1/4 of the season.

You're using a 7 game sample size and are exaggerating it to equal 30+ games because it helps your argument. That's not how things work in real life.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
My votes:

1. Getzlaf
2. Perry
3. Lindholm
4. Kesler
5. Andersen

Freddy was pretty consistent during the regular season, I think he deserves a mention. Sadly his play went down when it mattered the most, but so we can say about Getzlaf and Kesler...

perrygetzanother

Jun 14, 2014
somewhere nice
That's because one bad series apparently means he was bad the last third of the season.

That's because there's the (pre)season and the postseason.

Only the kings need worry about the former (apparently), for the ducks it's a given and a coast job the last few years.

so yeah, beauch was bad in the last third of the season that we actually care about.

Regular season since that seems to be what people care about:
Getzlaf clearly first, Kesler easily 2nd, then a huuuuuge dropoff to (pick your 3 favorite ducks players here)

I'd choose Beleskey and Silf as forwards (yes above perry), Beauch and Vatanen and Lindholm as D, and Freddy as G. Pick 3 of those, but its a clear, huge dropoff after the first two.

Postseason Getzlaf was worse than Beauch as it went on (sports hernia will do that to you), Perry was legit even with the knee

Postseason:
Silf, Beleskey, Fowler, Perry, then pick one.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

Only the kings need worry about the former (apparently), for the ducks it's a given and a coast job the last few years.

so yeah, beauch was bad in the last third of the season that we actually care about.

Getzlaf clearly first, Kesler easily 2nd, then a huuuuuge dropoff to (pick your 3 favorite ducks players here)

I'd choose Beleskey and Silf as forwards (yes above perry), Beauch and Vatanen and Lindholm as D, and Freddy as G. Pick 3 of those, but its a clear, huge dropoff after the first two.

Postseason Getzlaf was worse than Beauch as it went on (sports hernia will do that to you), Perry was legit even with the knee

Postseason:

The season shouldn't be categorized as pre-season, especially since there is a preseason that is very much irrelevant.

I'd argue that Beauchemin was our best defenseman the first 3/4 of the season. It's at least debatable. He slowed down towards the last quarter and at the end of the playoffs, but that shouldn't knock him out of the top 5 of most important players last year.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Beauch was gone for a month, and Lindholm had to babysit the AHL call-ups (mostly Clark, sometimes Manson) during that whole month of December. In my mind, there's no doubt that Lindholm was our best defenseman.

That being said, Beauch had a really good season especially when comparing it to last year, and I would probably put him over Fowler.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Beauch was gone for a month, and Lindholm had to babysit the AHL call-ups (mostly Clark, sometimes Manson) during that whole month of December. In my mind, there's no doubt that Lindholm was our best defenseman.

That being said, Beauch had a really good season especially when comparing it to last year, and I would probably put him over Fowler.
Taking the whole year into consideration, I can't see how anyone doesn't have both Lindholm and Beauchemin included in their top5.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

I agree. For the entire year, I had Lindholm slightly ahead of Beauch, but I'm not sure how you put Fowler over Beauchemin.

Getzlaf
Perry
Kesler
Lindholm
Beauchemin

was my list.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Postseason:

Silfverberg was MIA in the Chicago series, if Getzlaf is going to get so much crap for playing poorly in the past two games then you can't ignore that Silfverberg also slowed down considerably as that series went on.

At the end of the day Getzlaf still led the team in postseason scoring while playing the most minutes with a severe injury.

perrygetzanother

Jun 14, 2014
somewhere nice
Silfverberg was MIA in the Chicago series, if Getzlaf is going to get so much crap for playing poorly in the past two games then you can't ignore that Silfverberg also slowed down considerably as that series went on.

At the end of the day Getzlaf still led the team in postseason scoring while playing the most minutes with a severe injury.

I still credit Silf for his defensive performance in that series, I thought he was quite good, Toews and Kane seemed to be rather quiet until BB stopped matching up. I thought he played well.

You certainly have a point I can't argue against with Getz, although he seemed to fall off a cliff (expectedly with that injury) and certainly was great in the first two rounds. It's hard to find a bad player in the first two rounds really. We had 8 wins in 9 games. I also guess that my ratings are tempered against expectations too. Beleskey and Silf both performed far greater than expectations. Getz was good but not as good as he should have been (injury, not blaming the dude).

I certainly dont think that Beleskey is getting enough love in the posts that people have made public. Sucks that he's gone but he was responsible for tons of production. I'd also argue that Maroon was one of our best players before his injury when the (pre)season began. I just wish he knew how to finish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad