Vote Wilcox for Hobey Baker

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
So a suggestion?

You cant just say this is bad without clarifying. I am super sick right now so just say what you would like to see I am unsure how to change but would?

Title makes it seem as if Wilcox just won the Hobey Baker award.

Perhaps a better title would be "Vote Wilcox for Hobey Baker"

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Ok but dont know how to do that so can an OP please fix this?

I didnt think about it im having a really tough few days:)

you're the OP.

op=original poster

Three Florida nominees. Clay Witt is from Brandon and plays with Northeastern. Union's Shayne Gostisbehere from Margate, and Mario Puskarich from Ft. Walton Beach plays for Marty's old college team, Vermont.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/GopherHockey
Good Morning! This is a reminder to get out & vote Adam Wilcox for the @HobeyBakerAward: http://www.hobeybaker.com/awards/the-hobey-baker-memorial-award/vote … pic.twitter.com/kgCUFM7hIs

BhaaYvzCYAEwUK_.jpg:large

Current Top 5
21415 - D, Shayne Gostisbehere (Union)
20045 - G, Ryan Faragher (St. Cloud State)
13744 - LW, Johnny Gaudreau (Boston College)
13287 - D, Ben Hutton (Maine)
10391 - G, Adam Wilcox (Minnesota)

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Not trying to troll in any way, and I realize that there are probably other fanbases do something similar, but I have a problem with stuffing the ballot box for an award simply because a certain prospect is property of your team. If you truly feel Wilcox is the best college hockey player AND have actually watched a decent amount of college hockey.... sure vote for him.

But I don't like these cattle calls for votes. Simply put (and I am not a Flames fan, and as a lifelong BC hater in all sports), Johnny Gaudreau is the only real choice for Hobey Baker. Period. Anyone voting for anyone else probably has impure motives.

*Prepares for riot.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Not trying to troll in any way, and I realize that there are probably other fanbases do something similar, but I have a problem with stuffing the ballot box for an award simply because a certain prospect is property of your team. If you truly feel Wilcox is the best college hockey player AND have actually watched a decent amount of college hockey.... sure vote for him.

But I don't like these cattle calls for votes. Simply put (and I am not a Flames fan, and as a lifelong BC hater in all sports), Johnny Gaudreau is the only real choice for Hobey Baker. Period. Anyone voting for anyone else probably has impure motives.

*Prepares for riot.

I definitely agree with you, which is why I didn't vote. Idk enough about college hockey to make the right decision. That being said, looking at Wilcox's numbers, they are pretty damn good.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

*Prepares for riot.

So Gaudreau should be the unanimous winner of the Hobey Baker? I'll admit I don't watch college hockey (because it isn't televised here) but Wilcox certainly has the numbers to be at least in consideration

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
So Gaudreau should be the unanimous winner of the Hobey Baker? I'll admit I don't watch college hockey (because it isn't televised here) but Wilcox certainly has the numbers to be at least in consideration

You don't get college hockey? No Big Ten network? NBCSN shows a bit, and I believe so does NHL network.

Anyway back on topic, Wilcox absolutely does deserve to be in the mix.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
You don't get college hockey? No Big Ten network? NBCSN shows a bit, and I believe so does NHL network.

Anyway back on topic, Wilcox absolutely does deserve to be in the mix.

Maybe it is and I just haven't seen it? I see the occasional game on the guide, but I don't get many and I've never had the chance to watch a game with one of our prospects.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
College hockey is on quite a bit down here. Problem is its a hard watch, it's like watching the Devils vs the Wild play their 3rd and 4th line only, without the fighting of course.

Don't think Wilcox will win as Gaudreau deserves it for what he's doing. Wilcox should be top 5. Next year Wilcox should be an early favorite with Peca as well.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

*Prepares for riot.

Wilcox will not win. He deserves though to be considered and maybe make it as high as top 3. So that is why I shared this. I dont like the idea that fans can vote for this at all to be honest. Think should be more like football things and sport writers etc. make the votes. Just my two cents. Wilcox is far down on votes dont worry. He has been outstanding though. I would like him for his work this year to get RECOGNITION for that.

The bolded is going a lot too far. Wilcox is a sophmore who has went 20-4-5 and has a gaa under 2 and a .931 save pecentage.

If you would be fair to Wilcox you would agree these are elite numbers. Therefore there should be a debate of the hobey baker as there is debate on every award.

You cannot say to their teams one is more important to THAT team than the other.

Johnny is having a year for sure he is looking elite. His game winning goals think is 17 now? is just nuts :) for three years in my opinion.

Also the equation of having another player hayes on same line who is in conversation of a top hobey finalist and schwartz who is not a scrub play on same line is helping John a lot. Wilcox deserves to be in the conversation HE HAS EARNED IT.

P.S. I voted one time cause is how I am. I will give my vote to whom think deserves that vote in a situation and even though could vote daily or say american idol over and over my one vote is all I ever do.

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Wilcox will not win. He deserves though to be considered and maybe make it as high as top 3. So that is why I shared this. I dont like the idea that fans can vote for this at all to be honest. Think should be more like football things and sport writers etc. make the votes. Just my two cents. Wilcox is far down on votes dont worry. He has been outstanding though. I would like him for his work this year to get RECOGNITION for that.

The bolded is going a lot too far. Wilcox is a sophmore who has went 20-4-5 and has a gaa under 2 and a .931 save pecentage.

If you would be fair to Wilcox you would agree these are elite numbers. Therefore there should be a debate of the hobey baker as there is debate on every award.

You cannot say to their teams one is more important to THAT team than the other.

Johnny is having a year for sure he is looking elite. His game winning goals think is 17 now? is just nuts :) for three years in my opinion.

Also the equation of having another player hayes on same line who is in conversation of a top hobey finalist and schwartz who is not a scrub play on same line is helping John a lot. Wilcox deserves to be in the conversation HE HAS EARNED IT.

P.S. I voted one time cause is how I am. I will give my vote to whom think deserves that vote in a situation and even though could vote daily or say american idol over and over my one vote is all I ever do.

Gaudreau is far and away the best F in the NCAA. He has a 12 pt lead on Carey and his own teammate Hayes. There is no other F that deserves it more than he (and I like Carey a lot, if you read the thread on potential college free agents, I've been pumping his tires for months).

I don't think any D should be in the top 3.

So let's consider goalies. Again, Gaudreau is far and away the best F, and I'd say Carey is 2nd. For Wilcox to be considered for a vote (and you only vote for the winner, you don't vote for 3 guys 1,2 and 3) you have to say he's far and away the best goalie. Is he?

Are his numbers better than Hellebucyk? Is he more important to his team than Witt?

I don't know how you can vote Wilcox over Hellebucyk at all, and if he isn't the best goalie, he isn't the Hobey Baker winner. Don't get me wrong, he's a very good goalie and prospect, but there is simply no way he's the best college hockey player this year, and if you are voting for him it's because he's owned by the Lightning, pure and simple.

It's your vote and you can use it however you want, but I just think voting for a guy who doesn't deserve it isn't the best way to go. (Though again, I realize this is being done all over the country on college campuses everywhere).

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Gaudreau is far and away the best F in the NCAA. He has a 12 pt lead on Carey and his own teammate Hayes. There is no other F that deserves it more than he (and I like Carey a lot, if you read the thread on potential college free agents, I've been pumping his tires for months).

I don't think any D should be in the top 3.

So let's consider goalies. Again, Gaudreau is far and away the best F, and I'd say Carey is 2nd. For Wilcox to be considered for a vote (and you only vote for the winner, you don't vote for 3 guys 1,2 and 3) you have to say he's far and away the best goalie. Is he?

Are his numbers better than Hellebucyk? Is he more important to his team than Witt?

I don't know how you can vote Wilcox over Hellebucyk at all, and if he isn't the best goalie, he isn't the Hobey Baker winner. Don't get me wrong, he's a very good goalie and prospect, but there is simply no way he's the best college hockey player this year, and if you are voting for him it's because he's owned by the Lightning, pure and simple.

It's your vote and you can use it however you want, but I just think voting for a guy who doesn't deserve it isn't the best way to go. (Though again, I realize this is being done all over the country on college campuses everywhere).
Yes I think Wilcox is better than clay witt and hellbucyk. i go by wins first and foremost especially at that age. if your up five is easy to let an easy one in.

So a guy who has 4 more wins and better stats and 7 more wins and close to even stats has a lot more worth than the other two? obviously you seem an east coast guy didnt look at profile so you see hellebucyk more and his stats are good but he has 13 wins to 20.

adam doesnt deserve to win and dont like the voting how is done as said. Yet deserved recognition especially if he takes him team deep into the frozen four and we will see what happens:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad