Vote for the Dmen who will be HHoF worthy someday

Vote for the Dmen who will be HHoF worthy someday

• Total voters

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Josi, Makar, Hedman and Fox are practically locks already and the rest of them are good bets if they reach their potential

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Hedman, Makar, Hughes, Fox and Josi are locks to me.

Obviously the young trio has a lot to add still, but I think all 3 are well on their way to a hall of fame career. Josi and especially Hedman are obvious

I also voted Dahlin. A bit of a disappointing year maybe, but i wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Norris race next year.

I actually voted Bouchard too. This one is probably a stretch, but I figured playing with McDrai you never know

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The only one I picked was Hedman, not because I think others don't have potential to be Hall of Famers one day but I think Hedman has had a Hall of Fame career already.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Hedman, Makar, Josi are pretty much locks. How many Norris winners aren't in the HoF? Probably should've voted for Fox too because of that, but i didn't want to.

I think Hughes and Dahlin both stand a very reasonable chance of winning a Norris at some point in their careers, and that'd pretty much lock them in as well.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
For now, I'm going with Makar, Josi and Hedman. Hughes might join that group in the future, but not yet.
I voted for those 3 as well but I think that Hughes with the Norris this year and Fox both have built their HHOF cake base and after this year they just need the icing.

I also voted for Dahling as he has the icing and is young enough to still be on a HHOF career path.

The only one I picked was Hedman, not because I think others don't have potential to be Hall of Famers one day but I think Hedman has had a Hall of Fame career already.
Josi already has had a HHOF career including this year.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
How on earth is Fox a lock already??

I guess I should qualify that I mean his ability level will get him into the Hall but obviously he needs a few more seasons at this level. But he has reached a level already that will get him there is what I mean.

Reactions: wetcoast

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Voted for Hedman, Josi, Makar, Fox, Hughes and Dahlin.

Hedman is a lock and if Josi isn’t, he’s pretty close at this point with another likely finalist year this season. Makar already has the meat of his case just needs to add some longevity and should keep adding more meat. Fox is in a similar boat to Makar though a bit less so.

Hughes will likely win the Norris this year and should be a contender for awhile along with piling up points. He’s a bit more projection though. Dahlin is also projection but he’s very good already and still quite young.

Too early to say on Dobson and Bouchard, and Morrissey and Weegar I don’t think have much chance at this point.

Curious why these defensemen though? If there’s Hedman, then why not Doughty and Karlsson who are also locks? And guys like McAvoy and Heiskanen have more of a shot than Weegar and Morrissey.

Reactions: wetcoast

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
All he has on Fox is a longer playing career.

Yes.

We know what the career looks like for Josi in the gap between their ages.

We have no idea what Fox does from this afternoon until he's Josi's age.

He may have a career altering injury or simply lose his drive to play.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
The only eligible defenseman with a Norris who hadn’t been inducted is Randy Carlyle, and he will probably get in at some point. If Kevin Lowe can be inducted for being on a bunch of good teams, then the bar isn’t very high.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
As an addendum:

Fox projects to have higher upside than Josi, as he is slightly less potent offensively, but much better defensively.

The rest, we have no idea about.

Hughes, Dobson, and Dahlin might eclipse the others on the list, or flame out.

Too early to say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad