Voracek Bobblehead

MAX452

Jan 5, 2015
Hi

I was wondering if anyone is willing to sell me their voracek bobblehead from the game on Oct 20?

I'm in Australia and don't have the opportunity to get to the game

Thanks for reading.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
From what I understand from my mini-plan-holding roommate, these will be tough to come by even for fans in attendance. You basically need to be a plan-holder tonight. Walk-ups won't be getting one.

I'll be there for a sports career fair from 1pm and staying for the game on their dime, I'm interested to see if they slip us one :naughty:

SchennSational1022*

Why is everyone flipping out over this bobblehead? :laugh:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
After all the dust settled this is the poop on it... Full Season Ticket accounts will get one complete set as a Gift and it will be only one per Account meaning non-related seat partners have to fight over them and STH Partners will have to fight over who gets them or how to divvy them up... Partial Plans specially sold for each BH will redeem their tickets for (I assume) one (per plan)... Same with the Single Game Sales that were later included.

The inclusion of the Bobblehead Giveaway on the Promotion Schedule is misleading.

In my opinion the Flyers Organization mishandled this giveaway promotion in that they made such a big deal about it but did not clearly detail the way it worked... People who hoped to get them after ponying up a large price will be disappointed and problems will surely arise as people decide who gets it... Not everybody in the ST Account who attends each Game are from the same family and not all ST Account members are either and Full Plans are divided into various shares... Personally I'm pissed at the way it was handled; giveaways should be for each person who has paid for a seat and attends the Game... ST Account Gifts should be one for each seat purchased.

FWIW/JMO

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
After all the dust settled this is the poop on it... Full Season Ticket accounts will get one complete set as a Gift and it will be only one per Account meaning non-related seat partners have to fight over them and STH Partners will have to fight over who gets them or how to divvy them up... Partial Plans specially sold for each BH will redeem their tickets for (I assume) one (per plan)... Same with the Single Game Sales that were later included.

The inclusion of the Bobblehead Giveaway on the Promotion Schedule is misleading.

In my opinion the Flyers Organization mishandled this giveaway promotion in that they made such a big deal about it but did not clearly detail the way it worked... People who hoped to get them after ponying up a large price will be disappointed and problems will surely arise as people decide who gets it... Not everybody in the ST Account who attends each Game are from the same family and not all ST Account members are either and Full Plans are divided into various shares... Personally I'm pissed at the way it was handled; giveaways should be for each person who has paid for a seat and attends the Game... ST Account Gifts should be one for each seat purchased.

FWIW/JMO

To the bolded, as someone who works in sports ticket sales, it's a great approach to push STs and partial plans.

How that goes:
-Announce bobbleheads of 3 most popular players
-Promote the hell out of those bobbleheads
-Expect phone calls from single game buyers who want that game
-Say "great! But if you want the actual bobblehead, you'll need a partial plan...or a full season package if you want them all."
-Worst case---potential customer only planned on spending $30-50 to get a ticket and land this bobblehead
-Best case---absolute bobblehead fanatic, forks up the THOUSANDS for a STH seat. I'll bet good money that this hasn't happened, even in a marketplace like this.
-Rinse, repeat

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
To the bolded, as someone who works in sports ticket sales, it's a great approach to push STs and partial plans.

How that goes:
-Announce bobbleheads of 3 most popular players
-Promote the hell out of those bobbleheads
-Expect phone calls from single game buyers who want that game
-Say "great! But if you want the actual bobblehead, you'll need a partial plan...or a full season package if you want them all."
-Worst case---potential customer only planned on spending $30-50 to get a ticket and land this bobblehead
-Best case---absolute bobblehead fanatic, forks up the THOUSANDS for a STH seat. I'll bet good money that this hasn't happened, even in a marketplace like this.
-Rinse, repeat

Yes I agree... with one step that the Flyers added... they after a while backed off and stated after the Packages had slowed/ceased that Single Game Tickets to those three Games could net the purchasers a Bobblehead -- not sure if it was one per transaction or one per seat... guessing the former though.

My point with saying they mishandled was in no way related to the Sales Promotion aimed at selling tickets and of course making more money... What I was actually getting at is the long-term public relations mistake in which the Season Ticket Members and near 20,000 in attendance for each of those Games but didn't get a Bobblehead and the ones who did found that they had to fight over the BH to see who gets to place it in their display in their home... that it was not a BH giveaway as we have known them in the past where each person that came through the turnstiles and each fanny who sat in a seat had a personal BH to take home and keep. Yes the Flyers made more money over the course of the Season, but what goodwill and faith have they sacrificed in the process?

To be realistic on this though... I do realize that the long time STMs are a loyal and forgiving bunch -- me being one for many decades dating back to when the Flyers actually won Cups or had a realistic shot at them -- and they/we will be upset but will still continue to renew to watch OUR TEAM Season after Season... I am greatly disappointed and a bit bitter and brace for a bit of a battle over the BH three pack while knowing that both my (adult) son and me cannot each own them in any case... but I know I will get over it and renew... but keep it in my memory to biatch to them about when the time is ripe (STH Town Hall????).

Basically it was a chance to rant/vent and pass on information and my displeasure... I definitely understand that the Flyers used it a a marketing ploy that was hugely successful, no doubt... I'll live. haha

xxjimmypxx

Dec 9, 2009
New Jersey
Yes I agree... with one step that the Flyers added... they after a while backed off and stated after the Packages had slowed/ceased that Single Game Tickets to those three Games could net the purchasers a Bobblehead -- not sure if it was one per transaction or one per seat... guessing the former though.

My point with saying they mishandled was in no way related to the Sales Promotion aimed at selling tickets and of course making more money... What I was actually getting at is the long-term public relations mistake in which the Season Ticket Members and near 20,000 in attendance for each of those Games but didn't get a Bobblehead and the ones who did found that they had to fight over the BH to see who gets to place it in their display in their home... that it was not a BH giveaway as we have known them in the past where each person that came through the turnstiles and each fanny who sat in a seat had a personal BH to take home and keep. Yes the Flyers made more money over the course of the Season, but what goodwill and faith have they sacrificed in the process?

To be realistic on this though... I do realize that the long time STMs are a loyal and forgiving bunch -- me being one for many decades dating back to when the Flyers actually won Cups or had a realistic shot at them -- and they/we will be upset but will still continue to renew to watch OUR TEAM Season after Season... I am greatly disappointed and a bit bitter and brace for a bit of a battle over the BH three pack while knowing that both my (adult) son and me cannot each own them in any case... but I know I will get over it and renew... but keep it in my memory to biatch to them about when the time is ripe (STH Town Hall????).

Basically it was a chance to rant/vent and pass on information and my displeasure... I definitely understand that the Flyers used it a a marketing ploy that was hugely successful, no doubt... I'll live. haha

I'm guessing we get ours how we normally get the holiday gifts? I saw the lines last night and had no idea they were even giving them away.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I'm guessing we get ours how we normally get the holiday gifts? I saw the lines last night and had no idea they were even giving them away.

It really looked like they had no idea how they were giving them away.

I could also see the familiar pain on the faces of the Flyers sales reps preparing for the bombardment of complaints and insults as they walked up and down the lines telling people they couldn't have a bobblehead because they basically didn't pay enough money :shakehead

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009

Just curious... I assume that you have two seats on your Full Season Account -- although it could be more -- How do you feel on the practice that the Flyers have of treating each account as a whole and not considering that in each seat sits individuals... and forcing a sharing... So the jacket given out as a renewal gift has to go to one seat holder only... and in this case, the giveaway gift has to go to only one person or divided three into two... or even three into four I imagine?

... In the early days of the Franchise when a Game ticket was under ten dollars and there was less competition for people's time... and actually more time to spend with 40 hour workweeks... it was not unusual for Season Ticket Holders to attend a majority of the Home Games with odd games handed out to family and/or friends, or sold off... Now I know of very few STHs who attend most games. Me and my son attend 50% while my STH Partner sells off many of his and attends much less... The Flyers are aware of these situations being the norm but at times do not seem to try and make it easy for the STHs... but I digress... I don't suggest that this is addressed besides in the cases like the Bobbleheads where the people in the seats those games do not get the Giveaways... and certainly in such cases, each seat has to be considered worthy of the Giveaway Promotion... not just one of them.

The old days found Game Giveaways handed out to every person, or at least every attendee in the demographics it was aimed at... such as kids or men on fathers day/women on mothers day... Now they come up with the new idea where they use a desirable item to sell tickets and willingly allow their STH and Special Package purchasers to be put in the position of having go fight over who is worthy of the 'gift'... I think that every perk item given the STH or Package buyer be addressed on a per seat purchased basis... After all we are not allowed to have any number of seats in our Accounts and we pay per seat, so why are we expected to deemed one entity as an account and seat numbers be totally ignored.

... Sorry... the more I get into this, the more riled up I get. haha... It is not the money nor even the item as much as it is the damn principle of the matter... This is why I believe the Organization erred on this money grabbing promotion.

I thought that when Luukko left they were on the correct and proper path... I might have been wrong in that assumption.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Already up to $80 on Ebay with 55 bids and counting.

I hope that they are all aware that there are much better quality Bobbleheads for the players on sale at the concession stands and Retail Stores/On-line sites... and with the number of these Promotion BHs being handed out now and probably by the Organization in future separate perks -- such as spin the wheel prizes and courtesy items -- the retail purchased ones may even end up more rare and thus worth more... Just sayin'. ;)

xxjimmypxx

Dec 9, 2009
New Jersey
I don't really mind it because I go to 75% of the games with my dad and he doesn't want any of the gifts. The jacket was actually taken from a suggestion I threw out to them on the flyers facebook group last season. But I'm not a big fan of the jacket they picked out, I suggested like nice fleece sweatshirts that said Season Ticket Holder on them, and from what I saw when ordering the jacket, you had to pay for anything written on the jacket so mine is just a black jacket with a flyers logo.

2 guys that used to sit behind me, brothers, each had single tickets for their accounts so they'd each get the 50 dollar stored value and each get a gift, but that's a pain in the ass in my opinion.

I can see why you and other people are frustrated with how they work it though, splitting up gifts and playoff tickets must be a real drag.

The Primeau print was probably the last cool thing I think they gave out, the winter classic blanket was pretty cool too. The grill and last years charger were two of the worst I've seen since I've had tickets. I'm also not a fan of bobbleheads being our gift, I have more of a problem with partials and single ticket holders being able to get the same gift we get for paying 5k+.

I always say though, keep the cheap gifts and win a stanley cup and I'll never complain.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I don't really mind it because I go to 75% of the games with my dad and he doesn't want any of the gifts. The jacket was actually taken from a suggestion I threw out to them on the flyers facebook group last season. But I'm not a big fan of the jacket they picked out, I suggested like nice fleece sweatshirts that said Season Ticket Holder on them, and from what I saw when ordering the jacket, you had to pay for anything written on the jacket so mine is just a black jacket with a flyers logo.

2 guys that used to sit behind me, brothers, each had single tickets for their accounts so they'd each get the 50 dollar stored value and each get a gift, but that's a pain in the ass in my opinion.

I can see why you and other people are frustrated with how they work it though, splitting up gifts and playoff tickets must be a real drag.

The Primeau print was probably the last cool thing I think they gave out, the winter classic blanket was pretty cool too. The grill and last years charger were two of the worst I've seen since I've had tickets. I'm also not a fan of bobbleheads being our gift, I have more of a problem with partials and single ticket holders being able to get the same gift we get for paying 5k+.

I always say though, keep the cheap gifts and win a stanley cup and I'll never complain.

First off, I'm 100% with you on that last sentance.

I really think that for Season Tickets that span single households there should be some sort of arrangement but actually breaking down the Seats into separate Accounts works best with the only downside is payment and shipping the tickets.

My STH Partner and I split the Home Games and PostSeason down the middle with the odd PreSeason Game alternating each Season... Same goes with the Loaded Money and PostSeason Games which we attend in an every other Game manner... It works out fine... The Gifts is another thing and we work those things out as fairly as possible. If there were one Gift/Giveaway per seat we would be good as we would each have them... It is not that we each sit in one seat, but for all intents and purposes, it could and should be treated as such. That said to now break up a very longstanding Account with very high seniority to each get items would most likely screw the seniority placement to hell and drop us down to the bottom... All new Accounts IMO should however be constructed as separate accounts... BUT... it should be noted that the 'FEES' of all sort would them be doubled... We really can't win. :laugh:

The best situation is for the Organization to understand the concern and rectify it by treating each seat as a separate entity... but; dream on. *sigh*

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs

I was there tuesday nite too and saw and wondered the same thing. I couldn't recall getting any email notifications about it being a giveaway.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I was there tuesday nite too and saw and wondered the same thing. I couldn't recall getting any email notifications about it being a giveaway.

If you viewed and paid attention to the Flyers Promotion Schedule you would have clearly seen that on the three Games Bobbleheads were listed as Giveaways.

With that said... I went to C&P the schedule URL and found that they are now no longer listed there... Unless I have gone mad, or totally remember incorrectly, the Organization has removed them from the Promotions... I find it interesting to note that they now have added the words "(ALL FANS)" to the giveaways... and TBH, I really don't recall the word 'GIVEAWAY' being on there before... It seems that they have now got their legal minds to work and clearly define the Promotions to denote who exactly in involved fan-wise. Conspiracy theory or merely my error in recollection... I couldn't fully prove one way or another... FWIW.

I do applaud the shutting of the barn door after horses have escaped... and after they have milked as much money as they can from the fans... Not saying that the inclusion on the Promotion Schedule gained them any money, but it did cause misconceptions... and the fact that the one item per STH Account and not having all who attend the Game receive the GIVEAWAY is still a concern in my mind.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
If you viewed and paid attention to the Flyers Promotion Schedule you would have clearly seen that on the three Games Bobbleheads were listed as Giveaways.

With that said... I went to C&P the schedule URL and found that they are now no longer listed there... Unless I have gone mad, or totally remember incorrectly, the Organization has removed them from the Promotions... I find it interesting to note that they now have added the words "(ALL FANS)" to the giveaways... and TBH, I really don't recall the word 'GIVEAWAY' being on there before... It seems that they have now got their legal minds to work and clearly define the Promotions to denote who exactly in involved fan-wise. Conspiracy theory or merely my error in recollection... I couldn't fully prove one way or another... FWIW.

I do applaud the shutting of the barn door after horses have escaped... and after they have milked as much money as they can from the fans... Not saying that the inclusion on the Promotion Schedule gained them any money, but it did cause misconceptions... and the fact that the one item per STH Account and not having all who attend the Game receive the GIVEAWAY is still a concern in my mind.

http://info.comcast-spectacor.com/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=5c9dbb81ef8a36af7f

vs.

http://info.comcast-spectacor.com/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=60386773516ce25d71

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
Gotcha on the promo schedule. Those links are the online version of the email I get from them for every game, notice the opener against Florida they specifically mention the giveaways, that's what I mean when I said vs. the one for Tuesday's game. It's not a huge deal for me either way, just was curious.

I thought the glass block etched Spectrum was pretty cool.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Gotcha on the promo schedule. Those links are the online version of the email I get from them for every game, notice the opener against Florida they specifically mention the giveaways, that's what I mean when I said vs. the one for Tuesday's game. It's not a huge deal for me either way, just was curious.

Thanks... I'm following now... They mention the Magnet and Towel giveaways to ALL on Opening Night but nothing on the BH Night.

I figure that the BH was not a clear cut every fanny through the door handout like the Magnet (at Game's end) and Rally Towel... In this case I figured one per Purchased Account went to the STH and Partial Plan Holders and Advanced Purchase people, but not walk-ups. In any case, knowing what I do now it all makes even more sense... All miscommunication from the outset being the problem, along with the unfair only one per Account policy... IMO.

Welp... I guess I've milked this rant to death. :laugh:

xxjimmypxx

Dec 9, 2009
New Jersey

I forgot about that, I just don't like how they sold them to the public afterwards. I also thought the winter classic metal ticket stub was pretty neat. I have it sitting next to the program in my basement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad