Volunteer for the HFBoards Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

two out of three*

I didn't know how many people were actually for this happening, but I think it would be a good idea. Anyway, we are using suspect data (Levitt Report, and Forbes Numbers) if indeed this does get underway. But I, and some others feel that the people on HF could come up with a decent proposal, even with suspect data.

If you are willing to volunteer, then please note.. Its not something that is just going to happen overnight. And please be willing to do compromise, and be as open-minded as possible. Thank you.

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
TiesRLikeWins4Us said:
I didn't know how many people were actually for this happening, but I think it would be a good idea. Anyway, we are using suspect data (Levitt Report, and Forbes Numbers) if indeed this does get underway. But I, and some others feel that the people on HF could come up with a decent proposal, even with suspect data.

If you are willing to volunteer, then please note.. Its not something that is just going to happen overnight. And please be willing to do compromise, and be as open-minded as possible. Thank you.

I like the idea. Really do.

But I do think it would be a tough sale. Finding that many truly open-minded individuals on both sides (and in the middle) would be difficult. At least I think so, but I would actually be happy to be wrong about that.

Still though, here's hoping this project gets off the ground.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
It'd be something interesting and possibly even enjoyable to do...I'd be willing to join in if I can find the time.

EDIT: Players all the way baby :yo:

Last edited:

Zetterberg4Captain*

I can be a part of the Pro-Owner side. Just give me a PM when we're starting.

Lanny MacDonald*

TiesRLikeWins4Us said:

Why does the data or the source matter? Work from revenues. The league says that their revenues are supposed to be in the neighborhood of $2.1 billion. Work from that.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
The Iconoclast said:
Why does the data or the source matter? Work from revenues. The league says that their revenues are supposed to be in the neighborhood of $2.1 billion. Work from that.

So lets work with a slightly higher number than the NHLs at something like $2.3ish. We the players don't believe that the NHL is representing all of its hockey revenues.

Lanny MacDonald*

GregStack said:
So lets work with a slightly higher number than the NHLs at something like $2.3ish. We the players don't believe that the NHL is representing all of its hockey revenues.

I can see where this going. No where fast. :shakehead

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
The Iconoclast said:
I can see where this going. No where fast. :shakehead

lol

You mean negotiations aren't as easy as you thought?

EDIT: Seriously, I don't think that the owners have represented all of their hockey related funds when the NHL gave out that number. I don't think many people believe that is the exact number. Now, I'm not saying it's going to be a huge difference (it could be as little as only $25,000,000 or so) however this is one of those things that is argued between the two (what constitutes as league revenue) and thus it would be so in our negotations.

Lanny MacDonald*

GregStack said:
lol

You mean negotiations aren't as easy as you thought?

EDIT: Seriously, I don't think that the owners have represented all of their hockey related funds when the NHL gave out that number. I don't think many people believe that is the exact number. Now, I'm not saying it's going to be a huge difference (it could be as little as only $25,000,000 or so) however this is one of those things that is argued between the two (what constitutes as league revenue) and thus it would be so in our negotations.

And how the hell can you even begin to "negotiate" that? Come on, get serious. Can you name all the revenue streams any team in the NHL has? Probably not. I know I sure can't. Hell, I can't name all the revenue streams for the company I work for. I have no idea how you can even begin to negotiate something that you don't know exists nor understand the complexities of. Just exactly how are you going to negotiate private suite revenues? How are you going to negotiate parking revenues? How about advertising revenues? These things are items that should be well beyond the scope of the project. Focus on the base definition of the framework for a settlement and then focus on the definition of revenues. Quit looking at the minutia before defining the scope and the framework.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
The Iconoclast said:
And how the hell can you even begin to "negotiate" that? Come on, get serious. Can you name all the revenue streams any team in the NHL has? Probably not. I know I sure can't. Hell, I can't name all the revenue streams for the company I work for. I have no idea how you can even begin to negotiate something that you don't know exists nor understand the complexities of. Just exactly how are you going to negotiate private suite revenues? How are you going to negotiate parking revenues? How about advertising revenues? These things are items that should be well beyond the scope of the project. Focus on the base definition of the framework for a settlement and then focus on the definition of revenues. Quit looking at the minutia before defining the scope and the framework.

I'm not going to pretend I can get that in depth with the actual revenue.

Simply put, the NHLPA disputes those numbers, and therefor the NHLPA side of this negotiation should also dispute them.

Sp5618

Nov 26, 2004
The Iconoclast said:

This figure is meaningless. The "NHL" does not have revenues or expenses...its the individual teams that have operations with revenues and costs. Toronto with revenues of ~$115 million at the high end and the basement dwellers with $21-27 million. Everyone else occupies the $70 million range in between. This is your problem to fix...the gap and how revenue is spread out. Those who have, spend it, and those who do not...can't.

MacDaddy TLC*

I'll take the Players union side on and promise to be more reasonable than Goodenow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad