Vokoun to begin skating during practices (not taking shots)

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
NHL reports that he's skating wednesday

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=701638&navid=nhl:topheads

The Pittsburgh Penguins announced goaltender Tomas Vokoun will skate on Wednesday.

Vokoun, who has not played this season due to blood clots in his leg, has been off blood thinners for a week. When his levels are normal he will be able to start taking shots, according to coach Dan Bylsma.

Last edited by a moderator:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The trib piece is over the top sensationalism. He's about the skate, can't take shots. He's probably monthS, if ever, away

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The trib piece is over the top sensationalism. He's about the skate, can't take shots. He's probably monthS, if ever, away

I clicked on the article and it doesn't say anything other than the title and has a picture of Vokoun from September :laugh:

This affirms that my dislike for Yohe has exceeded that of Rossi.

Fire Shero*

Please get better Vokoun. I really don't want to watch that horse mouthed Fleury destroy another playoff series.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
He ain't coming back bro. This will likely be his last NHL contract.

I dunno if TV will come back for sure, but i can tell you he didn't leave Florida to come to Pgh for no reason, in his mind hes at least planning on playing this year or he wouldn't be in pgh right now.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I dunno if TV will come back for sure, but i can tell you he didn't leave Florida to come to Pgh for no reason, in his mind hes at least planning on playing this year or he wouldn't be in pgh right now.

He didn't leave Florida and come to Pittsburgh

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
So how long does it take for "levels" to return to normal? A week? A month? I'm not optimistic that he'll be ready to play - effectively - this year. Assuming he is able to start taking shots in the near future, he's got to get in shape and hope he hasn't lost anything in the reflex department - he is 37 (?) now? Then he's got to get some games in to shake off the rust.

I hope he's able to come back, but right now, barring any significant trade, I'm assuming it'll be MAF and Zatkoff - not a pleasant prospect, but MAF may surprise.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah man... not even caring about the impact on the Pens, it's just cool to hear. That was quite the scare.

tinkezione

Butcher's Dog
Jul 22, 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus

For me, the best news is that he is getting healthier and can e.g. skate again to enjoy it. Counting on him standing between the pipes on round 1 game 1 would be just stupidity, unfair and disrespectful.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com.../Some-Vokoun-perspective/stories/201401230002

Vokoun apparently came off of the blood-thinners at least a week ago. He is waiting for tests to show that his blood levels have returned to normal. That should happen soon, if it hasn't already because that is usually about a 10-day process. Vokoun, who skated Wednesday for the first time since his clot was discovered and dissolved, will be allowed to start facing shots when his blood tests show that the medication no longer is affecting his blood

Shelly Anderson wrote an article about TV and blood clots, she makes it seem like TV will be taking shots soon.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com.../Some-Vokoun-perspective/stories/201401230002

Vokoun apparently came off of the blood-thinners at least a week ago. He is waiting for tests to show that his blood levels have returned to normal. That should happen soon, if it hasn't already because that is usually about a 10-day process. Vokoun, who skated Wednesday for the first time since his clot was discovered and dissolved, will be allowed to start facing shots when his blood tests show that the medication no longer is affecting his blood

Shelly Anderson wrote an article about TV and blood clots, she makes it seem like TV will be taking shots soon.

thanks for the link!

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

That's great news for TV. Comeback or not, I just hope the guy is alright

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad