The Athletic Vogl: Facing the unknown at the trade deadline, the Sabres are proud of their growing culture: ‘We are brothers’

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

So, the Sabres’ real goal isn’t just to create a new culture. It’s to create a lasting one that can withstand departures and arrivals.

“It has to,” alternate captain Kyle Okposo said. “That is a natural step of growing up and becoming a team is you’ve got to learn also that this is a business. There’s a lot of tough decisions that are going to be made. You have to learn how to interact with people that are going to come in and figure out your team dynamics when people depart, too.

“You want people to be able to come in and step in seamlessly and be able to feel comfortable in being completely themselves.”

Alex Tuch knows all about it.

“I’ve already seen the camaraderie in our room,” the trade acquisition said. “We love being around each other, and it’s a great group to be a part of. I’ve said it before: They’ve accepted me like family, and it’s been an unbelievable experience.”

Adams and Granato have done a great job this year in getting the build going in the right direction and really improving the mood around the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad